7a 20v in need of tuning advice would be nice

RALLYSLAG20V

first in the field
Reaction score
the title says it all i need the most bang for the smallest buck cant find cams and a port n polish is the onli thing i can think of weighing in at 700 pounds. bar stainless which is on the way im stumped for ideas. also i been recomended buy a audi breakers yard in bristol that a 2.8 air flow meter would help is this true and if so which engine dose it need ti come out of,thx adam

you should be amble to get shrick cams still from the US.

i have heard the 2.8 MAF will go in there, but you would be looking for the later 471A maf which is a 3" housing and not the earlier 471 (pre 93) which is in a 2.5 housing, oh and remove the screen from it as well. Also bore up the throttle body as the primary aperture is fairly narrow.

A NOS kit is not far off £700. there is a guy on audifans with a 7a in an 80 quattro, lightened heavily modified currently running NOS after a P&P job, enlarged breathing, suspension brakes etc which has already outrun some serious machinery.

There used to be loads available for this lump, less around as its an older block but.. http://www.20v.org/upgrade.htm

also don't over look the manifold, can never remember bu ti think its the lat ones came with a tubular manifold which is good for another 10bhp on its own, i believe to balance out the power once the CATs were introduced.

thats usefull thx while i got ur attention a few people i know keep tellig me to chip it. mines a 89 coupe quattro could u chip that u know???