Fixing roof spoiler?

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how to glue on a roof spoiler that attaches to the top section of a glass tailgate? I bought one from Reiger which came with Sikafix adhesive and a small tube of something else, not sure what its for - perhaps an activator or something. Basically all the instructions are in German and there were no pictures either. Just wondering if anyone else has used this stuff or suggest anything. I've heard of some people using 3M tape but I'm not convinced!

I went to my local Audi dealer who then sent me to my local auto factors - they sold me a tube of black 'mastic' type stuff that Audi themselves use but Audi don't sell it as a part!!

Sorry I can't think of the name but it was really easy to use and all I did then was use masking tape to hold the spoiler on overnight whilst the adhesive cured!!

do you think silicone wud be ok for bonding this type of spoiler on if at a later date u wanted to remove it? as i did this with a similar spoiler on my bmw with no probs

well its probably a cleaner to prepare the area & then sikaflex to stick it on, be warned it wont move after sikaflex has been used, its known for holding things on very well, lol.