Temp Sensor 2.0 TDi BKD

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looks like my 2005 A3 may have a faulty coolant temp sensor.

Anyone changed one before ? Is it similar to the 1.8T in that you can swap it with minimal coolant loss (when the Engine is cold) ?

Thanks,

Paul

Changed it last night - wasn't too bad.

The top of the airbox and MAF have to be removed, the lovely chap in the factory that fitted the original, also decided it would be a laugh to put the release clip for the loom on the block side. So I ended up taking the sensor out still attached to the loom.

Of course, as always happens, the O-ring stayed in place. Also you do loose a fair bit of coolant - a lot more than when I change the 1.8T sensor on my Golf. The level in the header dropped about an inch, left a bit of a puddle on my garage floor.

Cleared the code and did a quick test (as I was out last night) and the code didn't return.

I will do a longer test tonight and let the temp get up to 90.

Paul

Just replaced this sensor on my TT.BEWARE HOT WATER PRESSURE.
I know i might be stating the obvious but i almost fried my face off doing this job!!!!! removed the original no probs when cold ,Drove to Audi to get the new part then decided to change the sensor immediately (big mistake).
When i removed the old sensor when hot (10 mins of driving) the pressure forced out the old sensor and covered my face with extremely hot water.
lucky for me i stay so close to Audi as a long journey would have made the water Extremely hot.
Job done, problem solved, face intact, its good to tinker.:scared2: Happy Days.:blownose:

That is not good and a good reminder to everyone. No I did mine when it was stone cold.

Glad that you are OK.

Paul