remap problems lambda location

bigjim

Reaction score
Ive just had my S3 remapped. It was fine for about 100 miles but then after that its got very jurky on acceleration. The CAT was glowing so i took it to Awesome GTI today and they dont really want to know. They stuck it on fault diagnosis for me but no faults recorded.
My brother suspects faulty lambda. Is this usually situated hidden under the strut brace because thats the only thing i can see screwed into exhaust.
Please help.
Thanks in advance

surely you should take it back to whoever remapped it for a check - or was that awesome?

took it for a trial the first time at revo and the same happened and luckily it ran out after 5 hours. So i tried another guy who is 100 miles away from me, his map was fine until the engine went cold and then it started again, having my doubts about the guy now. Cant really see the point of doing a 200 milw trip and he wont be able to fix it.
Back to lambda question, is it situated under the strut brace
Thansk jim

if 2 different maps from 2 suppliers have problems then probably a problem with your car, not the remap per se.

dont know where the lambda sensor is, but its a chunky bolt at 90deg to the exhaust with a stub and wire attached - there may be 2 but nothing else attached to the exhaust has wires coming out of it afaik.

if your cat is glowing then your exhaust temps are far 2 hot, and your turbo's exhaust turbine is likely to melt - ?blocked/damaged cat or restrictive exhaust

I thought blocked or damaged cat/exhaust but it was fine before both remaps. I dont think it is blocked though. I can smell petrol when its parked and ticking over so obviously running rich hense new lambda.
Any ideas to what it could be are welcome, putting the new lambda on it tonight so will write back later if not sorted.

I forgot to mention if i drive it hard then i dont really notice it. Dont know if this helps.

hopefully problem solved. just changed the lamda and it run a bit better. Then i unplugged air flow meter and it run alot better, juddering has gone. Air flow meter was replaced about a month ago with one from euro parts. Not a genuine part as claimed by them. Note to self " dont use euro parts again"
Hopefully this may help other people with similar problems.

new air flow meter tonight. Ran fine for 5 minutes then went straight back to how it was.
Does anybody think coil packs perhaps?

new coil packs throttle body cleaned and batterery disconnected for 5 mins. still aint working right.
Any advise welcome
Does anybody fancy an S3 with intermittent fault?

Mate last option it souinds like boosting prblems under load! seeing as youve spent a bit either get someone elses or a second hand one or new. N75J valve!

Also what diverter valve are you using?
I have a simliar problem with mine, it only sometimes happens in 1st and 2nd under hard acceleration.

Ps how much you want for the car.