PHONE KIT TELEMUTE LEAD

dans3.0

Reaction score
Hi,
I,m fitting a bluetooth phone kit with a telemute lead to the back of the concert II was just wondering whether the bluetooth control unit will take its power from the radio via the lead or will it also have to be wired to an ignition live.

Cheers
Danny

Some kits have two ISO adaptors to pick up power and mute the speakers, but usually phone kits require a perm live and a switched live, as Audi's don't have a switched live on the radio power loom I always get that form the fuse box.

If your car has BOSE, then there will be no speaker lead for a mute kit. You should use the mute wire from the phone kit to the TEL mute pin on the 10 pin connector,

Also if you dont have BOSE the speaker mute lead will only mute the font speakers as Audi's use a powered amp for the rears, so again you should use the mute wire to connect to the TEL mute pin of the 10 pin connector.

Cheers Craig:icon_thumright:

Its a THB BURY bluetooth module with an autoleads telemute/integration lead/control box on a BOSE concert II HU in an 04 A4 Cab.

Where is the best place to pick up a switched live from ?

Danny

go to dashmount.com you'll need a 45interaudi

i got my live from the column

Sorry didnt make myself clear I have all the leads etc but havn,t got round to actually fitting it yet, have only just unpacked the leads to see whats what!

Craig anywhere in particular on the fuse box or just splice into one of the other circuits is what I meant I,ve never looked behind it so dont know the layout etc

Cheers
Danny

There is a red/black wire going into one of the fuses that is switched live. I don't do a lot with A4 fuse boxes, but I seem to remeber that one. Drop the drivers kick plate down and take the cover off the fuse box.