S3 Clutch Master / Slave cylinder

Jacko4130

Goodie Gum Drops
Reaction score
Have got problems with the clutch pedal on my s3 having no pressure, having seen other posts on the same subject have narrowed it down to either master or slave cylinder.

Has anybody changed these parts thereselves as every post i have seen up to now has taken there cars to the pros. Would like to have ago at it but wanted to know how easy the gear box is to take off and get back on also what other parts i may need, i know a clutch would make sense while the box is off.

Car has just seen 100k.

Many thanks Jacko

my car has just covered 120k and master cylinder decided to die. Master cylinder requres you to take the pedal box out, you also need to get down between the engine and bulk head (really tight space). my mate that works for audi took about a day by himself to do it. if you take the pedal box out, check that the little plastic clip on the clutch pedal is in good condition, as its probably worth changing that aswel. and its cheap.

hope its not the slave cylinder as you need the box out and its a hell of a job. might set you back about £400 +

Turned out to be the slave cylinder, Gearbox just been put back on, Slave cylinder cost just under £50