AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Card-holder jammed

Does anyone know how to release a jammed card-holder (standard fit on 08 A3 1.6 SE)? It seemed like the perfect place to keep a video ipod when not in use but it's jammed the card-holder in the fully-in position.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chips
    Does anyone know how to release a jammed card-holder (standard fit on 08 A3 1.6 SE)? It seemed like the perfect place to keep a video ipod when not in use but it's jammed the card-holder in the fully-in position.
    I noticed your post was a week old so if you haven't sorted it yet, here goes....

I did somehting similar a while back with my house keys

Chances are that the iPod is catching on the casing of the card-holder drawer.

My solution was to insert a kitchen knife (long / thin / strong) to go ver the top of the keys (insert iPod!!) and allow me to then use another knife to gently prise open the drawer!!

Hope this helps
    2003 A4 Avant 1.9TDi Quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekeemonkey
    I noticed your post was a week old so if you haven't sorted it yet, here goes....

I did somehting similar a while back with my house keys

Chances are that the iPod is catching on the casing of the card-holder drawer.

My solution was to insert a kitchen knife (long / thin / strong) to go ver the top of the keys (insert iPod!!) and allow me to then use another knife to gently prise open the drawer!!

Hope this helps
    Thanks - i swallowed my pride and took it back in to Audi. They popped it out in about half an hour.

Their technician said it's the weight of the ipod that's the problem - the spring at the base of the card holder aint strong enough to push it back out. I'm not really believin him tho cause it jammed when i pushed it in rather than on the push to relase the tray...

Kitchen knife sol would be worth a try if the holder jammed flush with the dash but mine was jammed in it's furthest down pos - couldn't get a knife in far enough to lever the tray out.

1st Gear

Status
    Least you got it sorted - presume the stealer charged you too?!?
    2003 A4 Avant 1.9TDi Quattro Sport