ABS PROBLEMS STILL!!

G

Gnasher

I am now starting to get ****** off. New Master cylinder, refurbed abs ecu, new abs speed sensors. and now garage is telling me that they are getting fault code 65535 ABS control module?????????????????

So ok what can it be now refurbed ecu up spout? bad connection?

Help please as been borrowing cars since end of October.
Starting to think it needs to goto the stealers?

Just got a Bike (but its a bit cold to ride 25 miles to work each day at moment :cold: ) hopefully car will be better soon!!

Need help!!

i believe you might need a new module i had that code on my airbag module and i had to replace it

How can they charge you for a refurb ABS ecu and now say that you need a new control module as they are one and the same. You should have got a warranty on the refurb ecu and get them to stump up for the new controller

refurbed ecu was from one of these companies that suppy them in exchange......does any body think that the ECU needs re-coding its the same part number than the one i replaced?

Have read this on a VW forum so do i now need vacom to enble me to do this and would vagcom work on a vista Laptop do i need the full works or what?

My (new) airbag module needed coding so you would need to code your module i would assume. I did it with the free vagcom.

Think I need to get the full version of VAGCOM as the free down load and the cable i got off e-bay dont seem to work the program just keeps closing down......probably because of vista.

Any step by step guides on how to do recode the abs module would be appriciated as i need to get this light off before i can get MOT

oh and has anyone else been using vista with vagcom?

OK so I sent the ABS ECU back to the refurb company and they said they pulled these codes out of the memory.

01203 ABS/Dash Pan ins.electr consumer - open short circuit to earth

00238 Speed sensor front left-G47 - open short circuit to positive

65535 U48023 Internal control module memory:checksum error

They said that they cleared all the codes and tested the ECU extensivly and could not replicate the faults i am experiencing with the unit.

They said that they believe the fault must be with a component or wiring on the vehicle.

I have purchaced full version of vagcom. The only code I get is 65535 none of the others?

I can clear the fault code and the ABS light goes out. And comes on and goes out as expected when i turn the ignition on. but as soon as i drive a few meters the ABS light comes on and wont go out until cleared with Vagcom.....

Any Ideas? could it be a faulty speed sensor even though i had two new ones fitted? ABS Ring?

You can start the car and the ABS light goes out and stays out?

If the light is only coming on when the car starts to move forward then I would look at the speed sensors and the ABS ring on the driveshafts/hubs, check the condition and security of everything. Have you measured the internal resistance of the sensors? - This may give a clue to which one is breaking down. Also look at the face of the sensors and the respective gap between the sensor head and the ABS rings - make sure everything is clean and in same condition for all wheels.

Once the car has moved the light comes on and stays on even after restarting the engine. I have to clear code with vagcom to get light out.

How do I test the internal resistance of the sensors?

How do i check the gaps as far as i can see the sensor goes into the hole and sits above the ABS ring once the sensor is in the hole you cant see the ring.

Make sure all the rings are in good condition, if they have any broken or missing teeth at all then this will cause a fault as the measured wheel speed will be incorrect.

Measure the sensors internal resistance with a mulit-meter (set to Ohms!)