vaccuum seal?

barney

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a audi a6 1.9tdi 130bhp se avant. I've owned it for over a year now and tried heaps of things to rectify why the turbo doesn't work all of the time.All the vaccuum pipes have been checked by audi garage,it has a new maf fitted, the fuel filter is new, the egr valve was temporary blanked off, and the last was a remap .....still running at 130bhp. What i have noticed is when the car performs really well so too do the brakes the brakes seem to work sooner at the touch of the pedal and with more stopping power.Now they are connected via the vaccuum pump somehow.All other times the brakes feel spongy.Anyone else had this or similar? cheers

Pm me with the engine code and year and I'll try to get you a vacuum connection diagram but from what I see the vacuum pump on the diesel engines is used to drive both the brake servo and also provides the feed to the vacuum resevoir that controls the EGR and the turbo pressure control system

hi problem is now solved!
Had an audi technician test drive the car and he diagnosed the tandem pump was faulty. Now replaced and now works fine. I highly recommend Phil from Elite auto repairs in Thornaby Cleveland . Mobile telephone : 07817847416