do i have an alarm?

mok

missus nicks my car! :(
Reaction score
Hi there! new to this site so i have no idea if some1s had this problem b4 but i need a little info....:readit:
i just bought a a3 8l tdi but the alarm doesn t seem to work??? i press the keyfob button and the doors lock and the light flashes but no noise??? i can t find the alarm siren anywhere to check if its been turned off!!

No Audi's have a confirmation bleep by default, it needs to be enabled by Audi or someone with VAG-COM through the car's diagnostic port.

If you want to see if its working, lock the car with the window down, wait 60 seconds then stick your head through the opening into the car, result should be easy to spot.

thanks for reply! but i tried it and the lights flash like the alarm is going off but no sound! thats gonna scare loads of thieves off :lmfao:
also thinkin of getting one of these vag usb cables-any you'd recommend??

All depends on the year of your car, but I have the Hex-Can USB lead.

Sounds like your siren may be knackered, there is a thread on here about changing the batteries, thats worth a try first as its the cheapest option,

mine car is a w reg 2000.

the alarm siren is underneath the central locking pump,this can be found on the left hand side in the boot,hidden away behind the plastics,not too much of a job to get to.take the plastics off and behind it lower down u will find the pump,under the pump my friend you will find the siren.:thumbsup:

Audi alarms don't blip when you lock the car. Have you tried setting it off. Sit in the car lock it wait 60 seconds then wave your arms around to trip the interior motion sensors. If you listen closely at this point you will then hear what sounds like a clock radio alarm wrapped in a blanket. This is your Audi alarm working as it should.
If the alarm siren needs to be replaced it is quite a job to get to as you have to remove the interior boot trim, then the tupperware sub, which is a bit of a pain.

Do a search on sirens on the forum, as there have been lots of threads about it, basically its crap and the battery dies in the them, you can replace them, but you might as well move it under the bonnet if you are going to replace the batteries as you may actually be able to hear it under there.

i can get the sirens 2nd hand for £15 if your local to stoke its easy enough to sort out rather than £80 main dealer??