Elec lumbar support replacement

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
My electric lumbar support does not work on my o/s/f seat, and would like to replace/repair it, any ideas what the fault would be, how much to replace/repair it? Thanks.

have you checked the supply to the seat?
If the motor has gone its unlikely that you'll be able to strip the seat down to replace it, I have removed a seat cover before and its not something i'll ever try again, its a real headache.

I recently stripped mine down to repair the headrest movement(it was only stuck), a tedious job but not impossible. You will need to remove the seat, i took mine indoors and did it on the floor. I printed out the relevant pages from the net, (cant remember where), audifans i think if you want them send me a pm with your address and i will send you them. wimbledonjohn

My lumbar support went, asked Bristol Audi to find out what was up with it. They said motor was gone. New motor costs £280 and total cost to replace it when labour added: £440. "Bargain". Also got a coolant leak they can't find the cause of. Anyone want to swap A3s?

i'd like to know how the motor can fail, it must be the least used motorised component on the car!