1.8T engine into an Octavia?

Bigman

Cornish and Proud!
Reaction score
Right, i have a mate who has a 2000 octavia estate with a 1.6L in, he wants to put something a little more powerfull in and is looking to droping a 1.8T audi engine, gearbox and front axle (his has 2 different hubs, each with different size brake discs haha, but the car and him are irish!)

So, would this engine, gear box and front axle fit into his octavia?

Thanks

Adam

PS: I was not sure where to post this, hope this was the right place.

The audi engine is mounted longtitudinally in the car but the skoda is based on the golf where the engine is mounted transversely. I'd say you'll have big problems as the drive shaft exit points on the gear box will be aligned wrong if you try to drop it in transversely

Wouldnt it be a lot easier in the long run just to sell the 1.6 and buy a Octavia 1.8T? or vRS?

is that true even for the A3 verieant as it was a local mechanice suggested it
to me

P.S im bigmans crazy irish mate

I assumed you were talking about an A4 engine. The A3 engine should be a transverse mount just like the skoda. Don't know how well the rest of driveshafts etc will fit though

well the plan was to take the front axle aswell cause the car at the moment has one side newer than the other(not my fault honest)
so i would be hoping to mount the audi running gear aswell to bring it back to some semblence of unity

if the octavia is based on a golf4 platform, i dont see any reason why an AGU or similar 1.8T motor shouldnt fit.....

dont know how easy it would be sorting ECU issues and stuff though, although im sure the engine would fit in and things should line up.