S4 B5 front side light removal/change?

steve1bryant

More Power
Reaction score
I own a S4 B5 year 2000 and have a blown side light. How do I change it? It looks like the whole headlamp needs to come out. Also, I know that these are halogen long life bulbs that give a "yellowish" glow, which with the Xenons look even more yellow. Are there any upgrades or alternatives that provide a whiter light? Help would be gratefully received! :bye:

look down the back of the headlight with the bonnet open, there will be a plastic cover on the back of the headlight assembly, if you look through the front of the headlight you'll probably see that the sidelight bulb is below the main beam. This means you'll need to remove the inner rear cover and just pull the bulb out to replace it. you may have to remove some ducting to get to it but you don't need to remove the headlight, thats a pain in the ****.

A4Quattro said:
look down the back of the headlight with the bonnet open, there will be a plastic cover on the back of the headlight assembly, if you look through the front of the headlight you'll probably see that the sidelight bulb is below the main beam. This means you'll need to remove the inner rear cover and just pull the bulb out to replace it. you may have to remove some ducting to get to it but you don't need to remove the headlight, thats a pain in the ****.

Hi Chris
Thanks for the reply. I've looked in there. There's a small grey cap over an opening, but not big enough to pull a blub through. The side light blub, when looking at the front of the lamp, is slightly above the main beam lamp towards the grill. I'm a little stuck! :confused:
Steve

On my facelift B5 you just pull out the bulb and the holder. You don't have to twist it or anything - just get hold of the wire and pull.