oil leak !!!!!

tommyt2

Reaction score
hi have seen on my 2.5 that i have a bit of a small oil leak but being as fussy as i am have to do it.So ive just ordered new gaskets for the rocker covers any other gasket i should change now aswell?From reading other posts on this i gather there is a rubber bung on the block and also an engine breather filter can any one tell me more on these items please

Mine leaks a bit of oil from the gasket /bung around one of the injectors where it goes through the rocker cover on the offside of the engine. Has done it since i got it, the rubber was originally twisted. I got it fixed at a service but it started to weep again. Has not been a problem other than some oil soaking into the foam on th inside of the plastic engine cover.

My '99 2.5 V6 leaks too :( and I'm hoping TC Garage can diagnose the problem next week. I hate having a leaking car.

I'll post here if they find the source.

Silicon - it sounds like you have a carbon copy of mine!

I have a slight leak coming from one of my seals just visibile under the cover!

2.5 tdis are notorious for leaking cam cover gaskets, they normally only leak from the round rubber seal of the o/s head when a cambelt has been done and this has not been replaced, also the excess fuel run of pipes that come off of the injectors tend to become porus after a while recommend replacing these if they look damp, this engine does not really suffer from cam shaft oil seals leaking!
good luck!

Mine leaked like a good un,changed rocker cover gaskets,better:changed breather filter:better still,sump gasket,crank shaft oil seal later and the ****** thing still leaked-Gave up

Mine is leaking - was a little now quite a lot. Audi say it's the upper sump and want £360 to do it ( car is an early A6 2.5tdi (AFB engine))...

Any tips on fixing this...is it simply a gasket or does it need silicon sealant ?

Mine is leaking - was a little now quite a lot. Audi say it's the upper sump and want £360 to do it ( car is an early A6 2.5tdi (AFB engine))...

Any tips on fixing this...is it simply a gasket or does it need silicon sealant ?

I have the new upper gasket that you can have if you want it (mp me your address).

The sump is in two bit's, you have to take the first sump off to get at the bolts for the second one.

I hate having a leaking car

haha never buy an old beetle then! :laugh:

my bug takes 2.5 litres and i had an oil leak and was having to fill it up weekly as it was running out... turns out it had a crack in the crank case, a big long one at that! i have a very stained drive now!

oh well wouldnt swap it for the world! :arco: