synchronising remote fobs.

Sinny71

S55 LKS
Reaction score
This is more of a why question than a How to.

One of my remotes was acting up this morning and after unlocking the car it decided not to work anymore. I used the spare to start the car and take my son to school and when I got back I checked the battery.

While doing this the spare remote stopped working as well. I have re-synchronised both and all seems good again.

But I'm just curious why this happened? Is there something that would normally cause this??

sinny i disconnected my battery last week and had to sort the keys, i dont know if the battery drops below a certain level it stops the keys from working as if the alarm is thinking there is something wrong ,i would make sure that the battery is ok and not losing power overnight cheers aldo286

I'd already been out and moved the car earlier as I'm getting work done on the drive. All started fine then and no issue's with the battery as far as I could tell.
The only thg I can think of is that I unlocked the car from the house as my son went out to get in. He spent time wiping off the snow and the car re-locked. I wonder if that causes problems??