water apears on front mat when it rains hard (A6)

rich dj

2015 A4 Avant 2.0TDI SE Quattro 190 Technik
Reaction score
Audi A6 Avant 2000, water apears on front mat when it rains hard, it is on the near side and seems to be running down the carpet at the front,
anybody had any problems with this before?:uhm:

Morning mate
Check your plenum chamber may find it is blocked under the battery and the water is coming through the pollen filter.

Have a look under the battery there is a rubber drain bung which blocks up, reomve it an dclean it out..some people leave it out.

If it is that cool..

If not have a look at the plastic frame the pollen filter sits in as this can break were it is bolted to the body there're only cheap from memory.

Seen front screens leak too...but general it is the above

good luck

Thanks for that i will have a look asap, as i dont want a damp smelling car..

Make sure you lift the carpet and check under neath as this could be very wet and your CDL control unit is under there and you don't really want to get that wet.

thanks, sounds expensive

The man was spot on...Thankyou nice one..:cool:
...Lifted the battery out of the lake of water cleaned out the plug and flooded the garage floor, yes that was it, my pollen filter was soaked, i thought it smelled odd when the car stood for a while and also it was solid black not white (now i now where the pollen filter is) so new one ordered £18 from the Euro dudes and £7.50+vat from local trade counter did not bother to ask Audi.

A note on this should there be a cover over the pollen filter?

Also one of the clips snapped of as i breathed on it. Yes it did look rather cheaply made.
Have not had carpet up as yet but been driving on HI on Passenger side to dry off, should have time next couple of days.

Thanks again mate, my wife wont get wet feet now.

Wrong pollen filter supplied new one is about 8mm slimmer and would let in air, shows correct filter in COOPERS filter book, have left old black filter with them to find part....:unsure: