elsawin help

bigblokey0

Reaction score
ive just bought this off ebay 2 dvds and a cd its all installed but i cant seem to find any info on my car specifically front wheel bearing assembly any ideas

bigblokey0 said:
ive just bought this off ebay 2 dvds and a cd its all installed but i cant seem to find any info on my car specifically front wheel bearing assembly any ideas

Oh No!

Hope it's not a load of cr*p-I bought one too off e-bay but it aint got here yet.
Let you know how I get on when it does eventualy get here!

I have it too its actually very good. You need to look under the "workshop Manual" section. Not just the "maintenance" part.
ALthough I had an issue that my installation couldnt access some of the diagrams etc... I followed the same procedure for installation on another PC and it worked fine.....

As confusionhunter has said select ‘Workshop manual’

The path is ‘Workshop manual’

overview / running gear / (40) front suspension / servicing front suspension / removing and installing wheel bearing

or

overview / running gear / (42) rear suspension / servicing wheel bearing

ElsaWin is very good but maybe too much information so you can sometimes get lost, but it is all there.

right ive just looked under workshop manual and it says the data is not present in elsawin?????

have you entered the correct vehicle type, eg 4B20UB?, engine ACK gearbox CUB etc.? click on the car icon

ive sorted it now however i cant say im impressed with elsawin you cant beat the haynes manual however they dont do one for my car so ill just have to suffer with it

bigblokey0 said:
ive sorted it now however i cant say im impressed with elsawin you cant beat the haynes manual however they dont do one for my car so ill just have to suffer with it

Good on you!

All I can get is everthing in German!!!!!!!!!!!

on the top toolbar, go to "einstellung" then select sprache, then english

Hi, I had a similar problem with Elsawin when trying to access information on a VW polo for my mate. It said that I could not access the data for that vehicle. I ended up re-installing Elsawin & it works perfectly now giving me access to both Audi & VW information.

edmorales said:
on the top toolbar, go to "einstellung" then select sprache, then english

Thank god i read this post, ive been stuck and gave up using elsawin cos i couldnt understand the german.

LEGEND!

When I enter my car's details, I just get "selection locked - please start type identification" in the overview section (LHS of screen) - anyone know how to get past this please?:confused:

i get this as well you have to select another option elsawin is not all what its cracked up to be i wish they would hurry up with a haynes manual for the a6 much better

which option please? it does the same in both " workshop manual" and " maintenance sections". Likewise Haynes don't do a manual for my coupe (though apparently they now do a sex manual :blush: )

click on the car icon,enter the manufacturer, A for audi, year model, skip the VIN, cause it is only for registered copies with online connections, enter the type, e.g. 4B =A6 , 8E a4, engine code and gearbox code all of these you can find in the VIN sticker.

bigblokey0 said:
i think its the damage number list you want

Yes, that gets me some drawings up, but they don't seem to correspond with the engine code shown at the bottom of the screen:faint:

Had a bit more of a play with it, and made a bit of progress.Seems to work better (sometimes) if you do the vehicle identification from the start screen (ring of icons), then select maintenance etc. Problem is, my car (coupe 2.8q) doesn't seem to have any info for it:mad:. It'd be useful though if you had e.g. an Audi 80.

I have a copy of Elsawin v3.3 which I use maily to access information about the current A3 for myself and sometimes other members of the A3 (8P) forum.

I find that providing the correct vehicle details are entered on the Vehicle Idenification screen I get no problems are can usually find what I'm looking for. It is, after all, the manual issued by Audi to it's dealers.

To access, for example, the Workshop Manual - on the Vehicle Identification screen I choose Make-Audi, Model year-as required, ignore the Vehicle ID no and go to Sales Model-choose from the list and then click the More button further down the screen. Double-click the Model from in the list and then OK at the top of the panel and it takes me into the data for that particular vehicle.

h5djr said:
I have a copy of Elsawin v3.3 which I use maily to access information about the current A3 for myself and sometimes other members of the A3 (8P) forum.

I find that providing the correct vehicle details are entered on the Vehicle Idenification screen I get no problems are can usually find what I'm looking for. It is, after all, the manual issued by Audi to it's dealers.

To access, for example, the Workshop Manual - on the Vehicle Identification screen I choose Make-Audi, Model year-as required, ignore the Vehicle ID no and go to Sales Model-choose from the list and then click the More button further down the screen. Double-click the Model from in the list and then OK at the top of the panel and it takes me into the data for that particular vehicle.

thats what i do and i get this message "This data is not present in ElsaWin."

Have you in fact loaded all the data. When I installed ElsaWin it was a two stage process. Stage 1 was to install the program and Stage 2 was to load all the data. What is the total size of your ElsaWin directory with all it's sub-directories. Mine is 3.07 GB.

well i installed it in two stages it came with one cd and 2 dvds all of which ive had to insert to install it but ive just looked it up in the add and remove progs and the size is 49.15 mb :wtf:

Looking in Add/Remove Programs mine is listed as 3.067GB so it would seem that some data is missing on your system.

Two things to try. 1. Try re-installing the data DVDs or 2. Send me details of your car by PM and I will see if my version shows any data available. At least that way we will know if there should be anything there.

when i stick the dvd in it says setup complete and ive reinstalled it twice allready ill send ya a pm now thanks

edmorales said:
click on the car icon,enter the manufacturer, A for audi, year model, skip the VIN, cause it is only for registered copies with online connections, enter the type, e.g. 4B =A6 , 8E a4, engine code and gearbox code all of these you can find in the VIN sticker.
I have also done this and it just goes back to normal window, no car data nothing, have installed Audi and VW data.
Cant see a workshop icon neither, just a car selection.

Hello everyone
My elsawin does not seeing VW data only AUDI. Ihave installed VW 2.Update 2007 Data I & II and AUDI 4.Update 2007. On my first laptop everything is ok (that was fresh instalation). On second Elsa is blind on VW (but Audi is ok). When Im checking Yellow "?" Im able to see all updates which I have installed but Only AUDI and Seat IS aveliable in vehicle specyfication window. NOTE : On second laptop I have first unistalled previous version of elsawin and on first was Fresh instalation.Do you think that this first version is still causing some problems. NoTE 2: on first laptop Skoda is olso not aveliable but you can see her in yello ? box.
Please Advice.

any help on this one:

I installed the programme, works fine but pictures don't seem to load..

I've updated the SVGViewer (3.04), still nothing...

Thanks

I run ELsawin 3.40. I installed the basic 3.13 and then license it and run all the upgrades required to get to 3.40. Then I add the Data DVD's for Audi, VW, SEAT etc, it all works.

Hello everyone, I'm very happy that I have found your forum, hope I'll learn a lot of useful info here. :)
I have 1993 Audi Cabriolet 2.3E (a great car, the girls are like :hubbahubba:), with problem in the electronic control unit for the roof operation - it won't operate.I need the schemes of the electronic unit, installed ELSA, click on the Current Flow Diagrams, select the model of the car and... it says "This data is not present in ElsaWin".Tried to reinstall it 5 or 6 times - it's always the same.
Can someone use his working version of ELSA and help me with the schemes?
I'll be very grateful. :) If someone can, I'll send him the VIN number, cataloguq number of the unit, etc.
Thank you in advance :)

Thank you for your reply.I already red that thread but unfortunately it wasn't useful for me.When the problem occured I checked all the wires and found no problem with them, checked the level of the hydraulic fluid - it was on the maximum.Then I went to an electrician who found a problem in the electr. control unit and said if he has a schematics of it, he can repair it.That's why I was hoping that somebody's ELSA will work with that model. :(