A4 Heater Problem

a4bb

Reaction score
Hi
Recently bought an A4 1995, 1.8 and haven't really needed heater in car. Went to clear steamy window and have no blowing air to windscreen and no heat anywhere, any helpers

Fan brushes gone, it costs around £20 to buy, and will take around an hour to replace if you DIY and take your time

Could be switch!
Copper contacts oxidize no longer making electric connection-Try repeatedly turning blower knob switch from right to left to clean contacts-Sometimes works!If not take in bits and clean with emery clothe.

Hi
I have a A4 1,9 TDI Sline 53 Plate
This also started having issues with the heating and Fans.
Sometimes you could have the fan on full but none of the vents would blow any Air out, The i would turn the Climate totaly off and the fans would stay on. The issue was the Heater Matrix not opening and closing vents.
I have took my car back 3 times for this fault and they coulden,t find anything wrong.

At last ai took it in and they had to replace the AIR CON Compresser and i wiring loom. I have not collected my car yet but ill be intouch when i find out what they have done.

Goo on

Hi and sorry to jump this thread but I'm having problems with my heater too. My car is a 95 A4 and the heater display is flickering. Was told the connections will need soldering on the back but I can't seem to get the display unit out, any ideas how the unit is removed to get to the connections?? Thanks for any help in advance.