Electric Cooling fan

Robc

M25 Hell
Reaction score
My audi A6 2.4 Auto has a second fan behind the Rad. I used to hear this working and It would run when the car was turned off. I has the cab belt replaced some time ago, as well as a new gearbox and torque convertor. I have noticed that this fan no longer comes on. If I sit in heavy traffic both the oil temp and the water temp creap up. The oil goes to around 90-100 degrees. The water temp (normally at 90 dgrees) also goes up. The only way I have to cool things down is to switch the aircon to Econ and set the temp to high. I ran the car today for 3/4 hr at idle and the water and oil gauge did the same thing. I looked at the electric fan but it would not come on. I think that the fuse/relay fan motor or sensor must be at fault. But I don't know which fuse /relay to look at. How to test the fan. I also couldn't see a sensor in the rad. Basically my question is what is the most likley problem and how to I go about testing. The M25 is always jammed and the outside air temp is hitting 35 at the moment so sitting there with the heater on full blast I feer someting is going to melt (me or the car) any help out there?

Sound like a silly question, but are you sure the garage that replaced the cam belt has plugged the fan back in?
The could have removed the rad to get easier access to the cam belt.
Trace the cable from the fan back to the wiring loom.
Hope this helps
Jim.

Had a look at lunchtime. The wiresform the fan seem to dissapear into the loom under the power steering bottle. So I don't thnk it has been disconnected or not. I will have a look later, I'll have to tkae the under tray off to do so.