S3 - new turbo

macperc

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm desparetly trying to source a new K04 for my S3. I did send my old one to be reconditoned my Midland Turbo but apparently it has a cracked casing so can't be saved.

My chassis number: WAUZZZ81ZYA130603*.

Engine code: APY

Year: 2000

I've been told either a k04-0022 or k04-0023 will fit, is this correct?

I have found a K04-020BE5008626 for sale which apparently is for the APY engine but will only fit none ESP models, does this sound right? Surely all TT/S3/Cupra R use ESP?

Can anyone give me any advice I really can't afford the price of a brand new turbo?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

James

Sorry i should have said this turbo is apparently from a TT

Cheers,

James

1.8tqs has a k03s. Not all models came with ESP.

I would suspect that the models with ESP have a slightly different mounting orientation for clearance - but I'm probably wrong ;)

to find out if you have ESP, there should be an ESP button on the centre console by the hazzard light button and cupholder..

good luck finding a turbo, but beware - second hand turbo's are a total minefield.

Oh I definately have ESP I was just wondering if I could use that Turbo?

Can anyone recommend where I could by a recon without suppling mine in exchange (as the casing is cracked)

I've heard of Turbo Active but they don't seem too cheap.

Thanks for your help

Sh*t! :keule:

Thanks Adam.

I wonder if the none ESP APY turbo would still fit?

No ideas anyone?

I've also been offered a k04 0023 from an ADM coded engine - does anyone know if this will fit my APY?

Thanks!

i'd take to opportunity to fit something with a little more oomph.

That's easy.....Money!!! Or lack of it!! Was planning on selling asap actually so just want to get it fixed, properly but on a tight budget.

Cheers