Is their a "seconds" market for genuine oem wheels?

woollyjoe

Reaction score
About to buy some ebay wheels that look legit from Ronal as OEM A6 C7 rotor wheels, but I never understood how people can sell a lot of these at discounted prices.

assuming they are real, is thee a chance they were too out of balance and Ronal decided they weren't good enough to sell to dealers or Audi, so sell as a second?

Is there anything I can do to check before I hand over cash? Any advice appreciated.

assuming they are real

There lies the problem! Many are sold as reps but OEM Style. If they are a business seller post the link so we can have a look.

Never heard of "seconds" wheels - not something you would want either.

Genuine wheels should have part numbers and other stamps behind the spokes.

It has all the stamped / cast markings that indicate these are real. But how can someone sell a set of wheels for the price of one from the dealer and have enough to sell a few sets?

Reps are definitely getting harder to spot probably due to improvements to manufacturing and an increased demand for them so more time/money can be invested in ripping off genuine designs.

I can't answer your question however, if it seems too good to be true.... That said some wheels are from written off cars others have been picked up cheap and refurbed. Some may even be stolen, who knows but sellers are realistic as no one will pay Audi prices of £1k per wheel other than businesses.

Try comparing finishes and stamps of used genuine wheels to what you are looking to buy.

These are reps X4 20" AUDI TTRS ALLOY WHEELS BLACK EDITION ROTOR SPORTBACK A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 5X112 | eBay

Whereas this looks genuine 1 x Genuine 20" Audi Rotor Arm Alloy wheel - Audi A6 S6 - Good condition | eBay

Good luck either way as there are some genuine bargains to be had on ebay as well as these forums.