Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

retro fit tpms ?

I have been looking at threads on here about retro-fitting indirect tpms to A3/S3.
    I have a question for anybody that's done this mod.
    i've retro-fitted tpms on a 2013 TTRS before but looking through here there's no mention about fitting a tpms module, just activating it through vcds to operate through the dis.is this correct?
    the idea of the module is to remember the settings/pressure etc but I can't understand how this is possible without a module as seems to be suggested here.
    I pick my S3 up in march ( without tpms fitted) so this model does not have a reset button on the dash and so is obviously controlled by the dis.but where's the memory held?
    thanks for your help guys.
    incidently I have a copy of elsawin but the 2014 is not on there as is too new to be listed yet.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi S3 owner,

I enabled TPMS on my 61 plate S3 (there is an extensive thread on this subject somewhere) basically if you have the correct ABS module on the car it can be done, it works through the ABS sensors monitoring the rolling radius of the tyres, if one loses pressure the radius will change and it flags up on the DIS, once enabled in the correct way you can reset through an option on the DIS.

The only annoying thing is I sold the S3 and bought a RS3 which apparently has a different ABS module that I cannot access to enable the TPMS !! And since having the car I've had 2 punctures resulting in 2 new tyres, which could've been avoided had I the TPMS.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather /

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    Hi S3 owner,

I enabled TPMS on my 61 plate S3 (there is an extensive thread on this subject somewhere) basically if you have the correct ABS module on the car it can be done, it works through the ABS sensors monitoring the rolling radius of the tyres, if one loses pressure the radius will change and it flags up on the DIS, once enabled in the correct way you can reset through an option on the DIS.

The only annoying thing is I sold the S3 and bought a RS3 which apparently has a different ABS module that I cannot access to enable the TPMS !! And since having the car I've had 2 punctures resulting in 2 new tyres, which could've been avoided had I the TPMS.
    thanks for your reply yes I understand the principle as I did the retro on my TTRS but as I say there's no mention of where the tpms module is fitted in the system, if it still needed ,or if not where the values are stored.
    Last edited by s3 owner; 26th January 2014 at 16:37.