Electric windows/mirrors stop working

nlldavies

Reaction score
I've posted regarding this question before but can't find the original message so apologies for opening a new thread.

I have a 2002 A4 Avant TDi which originally has had its electric windows and wing mirrors fail. I have been reading up on the Internet and have discovered that the control box for these is located under the passenger side footwell. I've checked the connections to the control box and the connector rail just going up the A pillar and they show no sign of corrosion or water entry.I've also opened the control unit up and found no water damage or component damage. Re-soldered all the main connections as a precaution.

I'm now pretty sure it is the control box that is at fault and hasd a price from Audi of £230 to supply a new one.

Before I go out and buy one can anyone help confirm that the problem sounds like the control box please? Some of the symptoms I have found are:

-Electric Windows Fail
-Electric Mirrors Fail
-Interior Light + map light stays on when set to "door open" mode and doors are closed.
-Locking doors, indicators fail to flash and alarm LED stays on, although unlocking doors will cause the indicators to flash
-No illumination to drivers door switches but passenger door electric windows switch is illuminated
-Checked all fuses

All help/advice appreciated.

Nigel

Hi Nigel, Yes all these faults you have I had, and it was the convenience control module (passenger footwell) that was to blame, try VAGParts, they were cheaper than an audi dealer.

You will need Vag-Com once you fitted the new control module, you will need to re-code your keys etc.

Mike.

before you do anything! try the wiring between pillar and door (drivers side) sometimes these do split!