bad mpg. Audi a6 1.9 tdi 130 awx. 2002 .

audi 123

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for help have a big problem with miles to the gallon. Car is above standard only getting 120 miles from 20 euro and fuel is 148.9 per litre its in euros. I have a second 2003 a6 which is my girlfriend same engine same size wheels and I'm getting nearly 200 miles for the same money. . Hope some one can shed some light on the for me

your car 20 euros / 1.49 = 13.42 litres of fuel. 13.42 / 4.54 = 2.96 gallons. 120 miles / 2.96 = 40.5 mpg.
Girlfriends car 200/2.96 = 67.59mpg .
TBH 40.5mpg doesn't too bad if you are doing local trips . The A6 is a big car what kind of MPG are you expecting.
Your girlfriends car is awesome, when you find out what has been done to that please post on here so everybody can have 1.0 litre diesel fuel economy.
Being serious there are a million and one things that can cause a car to use more fuel, tyre pressures, cheap tyres with poor rolling resistance, sticking brakes, engine issues ( Turbo boost leaks, cam timing, Coolant temperature sensor fault, MAF faulty, VNT mechanism sticking, thermostat faulty, etc etc).

Karl.

Thanks for the reply . I drive both cars and drive them the same way all the time just to see if I can better my one to her car. I have swapped parts over like maf and stuff like that but still no change on either cars.have also replaced all vac pipes . Now the only thing that I put in to the car that wasn't from audi was a coolant temp sensor. Would that have an affect on any time. I have a bluetooth module thing and I checked it and my coolant varied from 85 to 94 .

Wish I had your dilemna mate.
Drove 300 motorway miles in my RS6 yesterday, managed a fantastic 17 MPG :faint:

Well now if I had one of them I wouldn't care ha ha they are very rare over here in would say there is about 4 or 5 and that is not a lie. Any pics

You could try some injector cleaner, when was the last time the air filter was changed. Really need to connect VAG-COM and do some real time checks of boost, cam timing etc otherwise you could just end up changing bits will nilly.

Karl.

I put a new filter in maybe a month ago. With all new filters. Just done 120 miles again for 20 euro and drove the car between 60 to 65 mph . What's a good cleaner to use.