Help! I can't save the text centre number in MMI 3G+.

S

Scimitar

Hi, help please!

I recently fitted an MMI 3G+ (Google) unit in my A5 and it works like a dream. ..... except that I am having trouble storing the Text Centre Number. I can enter it (+44778501605 for Vodafone in UK) and it works until I turn the ignition off. When I turn the ignition back on the number has reset to +7 (yes, just +7!).

I've tried getting it to pick up a number from the directory and this is successful, until I turn the ignition off!
wall.gif

All other numbers (mailbox, access codes etc.) save correctly and the whole MMI works faultlessly otherwise. I believe there might be new firmware available for the unit, could this cure the problem?

Does anyone have this unit fitted from new? If so, have you managed to save the number?

Anyone any tips or suggestions, please?

Many thanks.

David.
thumbsup.gif

Solved the problem!

It's caused by the SIM lock being set by the phone and not by the MMI. The fix is to turn off the SIM lock on the phone and then pair it with the MMI. The MMI will then set the SIM lock and all is OK.

It seems like I was alone in having this problem but I hope this may help anyone who suffers the same issue in the future.

David.
thumbsup.gif