Good GPS tracker for your car?

jason_

Reaction score
Hi guys

I want to fit my car with a gps tracker for peace of mind and was wondering if anyone has experience with that kind of stuff, and possibly recommend one which is fit for purpose but at the same time doesn't cost hundreds?

I looked up a few online and they range from like £30 - £300.

Was just hoping someone would share their experiences.

Many thanks

I had Tracker retrieve on my old motor.

It depends what you want out of it (ie. alerting you immediately if the car is moved, or you calling Tracker if the car is missing)

You'll obviously pay more for the that calls instantly, but it will save the same amount in insurance.

There are pros and cons to both really...

Just an idea....

buy an iPhone 3GS , Download the App FIND MY IPHONE

hide the phone in car , make sure the phone is always being charged and left turned on

go to any PC , ipad etc , log into FIND MY IPHONE , And it will show you where you phone is ,which is hidden in your car

Just an idea....

hide the phone in car , make sure the phone is always being charged and left turned on

go to any PC , ipad etc , log into FIND MY IPHONE , And it will show you where you phone is ,which is hidden in your car

I considered doing this with a cheap android handset, just thinking about where to wire it in to charge and hide near the top of the dash for gps signal...

Just an idea....

That would work for a limited time - but this is why Trackers were tweaked as you can park the vehicle in a 'dead space' that doesn't get signal and this wouldn't work long term...

How were they tweaked? I've had pretty good results using Lookout on android with just gps turned on and very low signal :)

How were they tweaked? I've had pretty good results using Lookout on android with just gps turned on and very low signal :)

They use different signal waves. Don't really want to go into too much detail on an open forum :icon_thumright: