Cruise control not working

gidimille

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls

My curise control is not working any ideas
secondly my car did not come with a user manual does any one know where I can download one
do we have any DIY or idiots guide thingy in this forum

Have you checked the fuse with the speedometer symbol?
You may need to have your car checked with vag-com.

Check out ebay for user manuals.

HTH

Mike

Did someone say cruise control !!!!
If it's a B6 and you've got no warning lights coming up, then it's probably the clutch pedal switch (manuals only of course!!)
If it's not a B6, whatcha got ???

I have just got my self a 1997 2.8 Quattro
I found the usermanual it say that nI should have a fuse no 11 although when i checked the fuse box there was no fuse in no 11 and when I tried to put one in I notced that there was no connectors for it .... :~ so I will be taking out the fuse unit tommorrow during day light to see what's going on there will let you know how I got on

Without sounding silly, are you sure you have cruise on this vehicle?? As that age car would be Non drive by wire, so that means if its there it's either a retro fit kit or the mechanical/unreliable version

[ QUOTE ]
As that age car would be Non drive by wire, so that means if its there it's either a retro fit kit or the mechanical/unreliable version

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, now us older Audi's are insulted, mechanical/unreliable indeed! :))

Easy enough to see on the older versions, are there controls on the indicator stalk or not?
Assuming a previous owner did not simply change the stalk, check under the bonnet for the vacuum unit connecting to the throttle body... if it's there, then make sure all the vacuum pipes are connected and not leaking. On an older car it is more likely to be a worn vacuum hose than electrics. Though, of course, electrics would still need to be checked once the vacuum side is considered to be ok...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif Don't worry mate,mine would have the same lovely mechanical sysytem on it, had it been fitted

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You have to cross check the manual reference with the lid on the fusebox. The manual is generic, and doesn't have all the fuses in the righ place. The lid should be correct for the location.

so far this is what i found

I found my user manual under the steering ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have read it it says something about a fuse 11 I checked out the fuse box there was no fuse in slot 11 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

when had a closer look at it I noticed that the fuse contacts were not even in slot 11....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

So I thought probably the contact were loose and have fallen out of the back so I ripped out the under cover fro the steering rack and ripped out the fuse unit there was no hanging wire at the back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
No I really do have no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As that age car would be Non drive by wire, so that means if its there it's either a retro fit kit or the mechanical/unreliable version

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy enough to see on the older versions, are there controls on the indicator stalk or not?
Assuming a previous owner did not simply change the stalk, check under the bonnet for the vacuum unit connecting to the throttle body... if it's there, then make sure all the vacuum pipes are connected and not leaking. On an older car it is more likely to be a worn vacuum hose than electrics. Though, of course, electrics would still need to be checked once the vacuum side is considered to be ok...

[/ QUOTE ]

On the indicator it has got the cruise control switches
about the vaccum unit connecting to the throttle body what does this look like

Does any one have a 1997 2.8 quattro that has cruise control ????
the instrument level on the car is quite advance
[ QUOTE ]
Without sounding silly, are you sure you have cruise on this vehicle?? As that age car would be Non drive by wire, so that means if its there it's either a retro fit kit or the mechanical/unreliable version

[/ QUOTE ]

and I did have a 1996 prelude which is a crappy jap car which had the full works.....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif