a4 b6 b pillar crash sensor replacement (help with buying the replacement)

train050

Reaction score
hi all,

after getting the airbag light come up constantly i got the car scanned to find the problem 01221 which is the drive side airbag crash sensor.

my mot is due this month and with the unfortunate timing of a few other large outlays every penny counts so i don't really want to splash out 80 pounds to the stealers for a new sensor.

ive noticed a lot of sensors on ebay that look exactly the same but vary, very slightly with the orientation of the arrow on the sticker and a letter after the part number.

i was wondering if any of these would work as a direct replacement even though there are very slight differences on the sticker?

here is my crash sensor for reference:
590bb621-9242-427f-88ed-224cd8c81fcc.jpg

sorry its not the sharpest of pictures! if this was anything else other then the airbag system i would go ahead and give it a go.

here is a ebay link to a selection of crash sensors that look identical:

audi crash sensor | eBay

thanks!

i have no useful info for you but i think this sensor keeps unlocking my car and when i scan the car it says car opened due to crash maybe this is also what is setting my alarm off too.
do anybody know how many of these sensors there is in a car, 1 for each airbag?.
good luck on your MOT, i did a stupid thing last time i had mot, i put supermarket fuel in the car, big mistake it wouldn't pass its emissions test at all!.I then put shell s normal fuel in and passed straight away, never again lol

interesting, i normally put some kind of fuel additive in before i go for my mot. pretty sure there are a lot, almost 1 for every airbag but i could be wrong

interesting, i normally put some kind of fuel additive in before i go for my mot. pretty sure there are a lot, almost 1 for every airbag but i could be wrong

asda fuel it was i think 1.36 a litre was why i went . No need with shell fuels , my car is going to get broken up if it carrys on , its a daily battle to get it move.
sorry i can't help with your problem man.
regards