Audi Connect (rsap) Online services help!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just picked up my A5 and I added Audi Connect. I thought my phone would be OK being a fairly new smartphone but it seems not as it won't connect.
I know I can take the sim card out and put it in the sim slot but that is a PITA doing each time I get in & out the car. Bluetooth works fine but online services don't. It mentions remote sim access profile in the manual and I am guessing the HTC sensation doesn't have it.
I don't even think you can root the phone and get an rsap app to work.

Does anyone have an HTC Sensation and got it to work with Audi connect? If not I don't mind getting a new phone so has anyone got an android phone working with Audi connect and which model?

Also I guess you can't have 2 sims on the same number? I think some countries in Europe can but not here in the UK?

Thanks,
Nick

Well found out that the sensation doesn't have rSAP so ended up buying a Galaxy S2 and with the rSAP app and a little tweaking it works fine. Was a bit gutted at first because I really like the HTC phones but I have to say the galaxy is better! Happy days :thumbup: :)

same experience here: banged my head against a brick wall for 2 months now with my Nexus4-16Gb and HTC OneX+64Gb.... I've tried all manner of rooting and mucking about with them both to no avail.

Last week I tried a friend's absolutely stock (Enterprise locked-down) Galaxy S3 and it worked flawlessly. Gutted.

Waiting for the S4's to come out... and I already know that it won't look as nice as the "rubberised" HTC or be as fast.... and I'll have to pay over£500 to buy one off-contract... it'll be bittersweet when rSAP eventually works for me properly (without me having to caddy-up my micro SIM, so it can go into my 5 year old Nokia)...

No idea why HTC and LG have deserted rSAP just as all the car makers are embracing it... hell, even Nokia, who pioneered and set the standards for rSAP haven't supported it since they ditched Symbian :(