it all happens at once

dik

Reaction score
not only is my climate control flap flapping out of control, my boot lights not coming on, but now to top things off

BEEEEEP
engine water low.

so I check it and its ok

a few hours later

BEEEEEP
engine water low.

so I check it and it IS low - I top it up
only about 2 cupfuls

1 day later
BEEEEEP
engine water low.

Why is my engine losing water? surely this engine should be tight? I havent checked for puddles/steam/etc.. yet but I`m well miffed now..

anyone got any ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif..... aside from nasty things like head gaskets and the like...

cheers...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

sound like a few things, leaking radiator / hoses / water pump. If it's the gasket or anything that could cause the water to come in contact with oil, you'll see droplets of oil floating in your expansion tank.

[ QUOTE ]
sound like a few things, leaking radiator / hoses / water pump. If it's the gasket or anything that could cause the water to come in contact with oil, you'll see droplets of oil floating in your expansion tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pull out the dipstick, if it has turned creamy then you have a blown head gasket. Other places could be the heater pipes, heater valve, the heater itself, though you would be able to smell coolant if it was this. Also check all the hose clamps and joins.

well this time its beeped and the water level is correct.. hmmm, maybe the sensor is dodgy...

a cuick unclip, reconnect and its behaving ok.... for now at least..

****** sensors..

a3's are common to coolant bottles failing, e.g the sensors beep when the water level is ok. normally only from cold.