Urgent help needed!!!!!!

kenlaw50n

Reaction score
After fitting an Oil Pressure gauge i took it for a quick run to see what pressures i was gettin and decided to double check everything was still tight and not leaking around the T-Piece.

Disaster strikes - T-Piece snaps leaving the thread in the block. How the **** am gettin that out?

Would a tap & dia set work or is that going to make the hole bigger?

What would you suggest i use to get it out Tap & Dia or screw extractor?

Really feel like banging my head off the wall and giving myself a dressing down.

Snap-On or Britool screw extractor set. The Snap On ones are very good and IMO the best. You need to be steady handed if going to use the britool ones as your centre drill has to be spot on to work.

:iagree:

Wot he said!

As your tee-pice is a pipe, you may find even the cheap extractors are ok. Don't hammer it in, just push down whilst gently unscrewing. If you go balls out to start, you may spread the pipe and it grips harder.

As Brodster said, the best type are the Snap-on type that fit into a 1/2" socket

yeah think this is what has happened got some extractors (draper) from local tool shop. alll was going well and remains of tipece was on it's way out nice a gently quarter turn at a time, then "SNAP" so now both t-piece and tip of extractor in there. Taking a breather tonight. Tomorrow oil cooler & filter bracket coming off and going to drill them out prob start with aboutt a 4 or 6mm drill.

Can't help but laugh at this as was only fitting (well had already fitted) a pressure gauge and was double checking everthing was still tight with no leaks after a run around.

Bummer

:sob:

be careful with the drill. The extractor should be hardened, so will be a ****** to get through

i know when ive broken taps in things im threading that its often easier to get a thin sharp center punch and give it some calculated hard hits to break up the bit of tap to get it out.

i think youll need to get the part off the engine and in a vice to hold it while you work on it.

Got it off already and managed to pick out most of what remained from the t-piece but the extractor end is well in there and its taken some of the original thread with it so now it looks like I need a new oil filter bracket but need the car running before the weekends out. Anyone got any ideas every breakers i have phoned doesn't have the part left on any of the b5s they've got.

what car/engine code is it? 1.8t? any mk4 golf one will be the same?

AJL engine bud. Sealed it for now with some proxy, should hold for a bit as will only be doin about 4miles max at a time untili sorted. Part number is 050115417. Had a look on Vagcat.com bu there is that many variants.

any varient should do the job tbh. cant imagine there being much difference if any.