TARGET LaserTrack 400

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Does anybody have one? any thoughts experiences, worthwhile? etc?

Anybody using it as a garage door opener? How easy to fit to your garage?

Do you have it fitted at front and back? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif For when you want to reverse into your drive?

Finally..costs installed?

Ian, I have the older LRC-100 and it's performed faultlessly. Within 6 months it's already saved my licence. I've already been through the expensive pain of being banned for 12 months (totting up, motorway speeding), and after having a clean licence for 5 years managed to accumulate 9 points in the last 9 months, so really have no option but to resort to illegal protection, as I definately don't want to go through that again.
I have the LRC100 and an RA2, as just having a GPS with an integral laser detector is not enough, you need a diffuser as well, otherwise you'll end up getting done on a mobile trap when the detector is too late.
I got done on the M3 last year, laser gun on a bridge clocked me at 92mph on an empty motorway. A detector would have been no use as there was no one else on the road.
With regards fitting it took me a couple of hours, the main time spent on the positioning under the number plate. I chopped away a small amount of the pull out grill on my A4 to ensure the transponder was well positioned and well hidden. It looks like part of the bumper. The wiring just feeds back through the ecu and under the dash, with the small speaker cable tied under the steering column and wired into the ignition on, along with the RA2. I didn't wire in the LED as the RA should give me a visual alert when it's triggered. I also wired in the small kill switch under the dash so I can turn it off if necessary.
It finally went off for the 1st time 3 months ago and I nearly shat my pants as it's very loud. A mobile trap was setup about half a mile away as I rounded a bend on a 30mph dual carriageway, so they can pick you up from distance. The irony was that the trap was setup just in front of a fixed Truvelo camera, which was obviously not earning its keep. So to claim that camera's are purely used to slow people down is a complete joke (as we all know), as this guy was picking people off before they naturally slowed down for the well marked fixed camera.
There has been much debate about the consequences of using a diffuser/scrambler, and well publicised scapegoating of one particular idiot who got caught, car impounded, arrested, could go to jail etc etc. This is just scaremongering as the idiot who got caught had triggered over 40 speed traps in 30 days, so it was hardly surprising they decided to take a closer look at his car and throw the book at him. There were other reports in the press about other drivers getting done in a similar way, but these were bogus IMO as the details published were identical to the first case, word for word.
You do have to be careful though and if my diffuser triggers a couple more times I guess I'll deinstall it as they could tie up the 3 error readings and work out I must be using one. If I ever eyeball a trap then I always switch it off to prevent getting triggered when there's no need.

I got the RA2 & LRC100 together from Bel-direct for £600 all in. Not sure how the new one is priced. Can't see the point in getting rear protection as I've never seen a laser gun used on the rear of a car in the UK. If you get followed then they'll use VASCAR to get your speed ad there's nothing you can do about that.

I have the Snooper SLD920x which is a similar device and like AndyMac can't sing its praises enough.

It has saved my bacon twice with mobile laser traps. I also run a classic road angel which alerts me to all the fixed sites etc but there is no prior warning to the laser vans and garage door openers are the only defence.

On the S3, i cut a slat out of the lower grill below the number plate and mounted the diffusers there. I ran the cable trough the OEM trunking to the bulhead and to the back of the glovebox where the processer is hidden.I have an LED and alarm fitted in small pull out strip under the odometer adjustments ( the piece that hides the binnacle screws).

Like Andy, i turn mine off if i see a van as i dont want the law associating my cars with error readings. Hey its a bright yellow S3 and a back 911TT so hardly common.

I also turn it off after i have adjusted my speed. That way you cant be accused of preventing them getting a reading, maybe not at the time they want to get the reading but hey, dont snipe me from 2 km away then! They are suppossed to be visable anyway.

If you need any extra help, advice or photos PM me.

Guys really appreciate your replies on this topic.

i move house july 8th and will have a garage for the first time in years so am planning a list of work to do to my car, and having been done for 3 points recently at 1am by an unmarked car using a laser...you can see where i'm going.

i've got this thread a favourite...so will be back in a few months to pester you two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif hope you dont mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif