Brake Sensor Cable Connector Broken

trevyb

Reaction score
Hi All,

Last night in the dark and stormy weather under torch light I changed both the front pads and discs on my A3 (2009). I couldn't wait any longer as a stone had been caught between the pad and discs and removed a huge section of disc on one side.

When I removed the pads from the front nearside wheel I came across the brake sensor cable and to enable access I removed it from the 'grip' that was holding the connector in place (before disconnecting it from the pad). I used little to no force to do this and it came away very easily but it seemed to snap the plastic around the connector which I can safely say needs replacing. Obviously the pad side of the connector is fine but the 'car side' of it is not.

My question is, where can I get one, and what is the best way I can replace the connector without 'bodging' it? I used to work in electronics so soldering etc is no problem but I want to make sure I do it properly.

Any hints / tips?

Cheers - Trev

All fixed now, I've managed to securely build a 'short' into the connectors in a way that a new plug can be put onto the wiring loom at a later date and tied the pad side of the connector out of the way.

Cheers - Trev