A4 B5 bleeping, but no warning lights

ihs61

Reaction score
Hi

I am just in the process of selling my old faithful B5 1.9tdi A4 Avant (se) and it has developed and odd fault.

I keep getting a bleeping warning sound, but without any warning lights on the LCD.

I have checked all lights, oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid and screen wash etc with no joy.

There is no obvious connection to it making the sound and it's always three beeps.

Any thoughts ? personally I think it's just pi55ed off as I have bought a B7 A4 Avant

Ian

First do the warning test. I think it differs depending on the year, but the wife's 1999 model you push the left hand clock spindle and it flashes up all the warnings.
Three beeps is a red warning, which is overtemp, oil pressure or brake fluid low and you may not be getting the display on the dis. The warning may be spurious. You can disconnect the brake fluid sensor and short the terminals with a wire to check the warning operation - you should get three beeps and a red brake with an exclamation mark.
Bad earths can give weirdness, or your dash could be ******** and need repair.

I'm having similar strangeness here DIS dead that is turning into a bit of a nightmare - I'm not getting much joy on here either, so I guess it's a new one!