EM TuningChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

A4 Remote Central Locking Problem

Hi, I recently bought a 97 R reg A4 TDI 110 with delta (groan), it did not come with keyless entry. After browsing the forum i decided to try and upgrade to flick key and remote central locking. The original pump was 8L0 862 257A, bought a new 8L0 862 257G on E-bay and a flick key, i installed the pump first to see if it worked, locking and windows worked on key but alarm no longer functioned. When i connected vag-com the code was 13130, i changed code to12264, locks, windows, autolock and alarm work, but cant seem to get remote to function? Do I have to delete all error codes first? Drivers airbag is also disconnected, got a warning light on dash. What am i doing wrong? Is it the wrong pump?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: A4 Remote Central Locking Problem

I am not too sure on this, but think the alarm has to be reprogrammed to accept/recognise the extra parts??? (very much under correction here)

1st Gear

Status

Ah, think I have found the problem. I think the remote key fob is much to new for my central locking pump. Remote part No 'HLO 8P0 837 231' 3 buton flick key, 434mhz. In vag-com, cent locks, measuring block 3, there is no change to the fourth reading '0000'
    which changes when any audi remote is pressed near the car. I will try an older remote. Lol

4th Gear

Status

:-)

Neutral

Status

hi
    i'd like to do the same alarm upgrade to my 1.9tdi 110.
    please let me know how you have got on so i can search ebay for the correct bits i need.
    thanks

Reverse Gear

Status

I'd like to do this also to my A4 Avant 1.9TDiQ, can someone write a script on what to do here as I'm quite new to Audi technology.

Jim.

Status

TBH you're much better off getting a decent alarm immobiliser fitted (aftermarket). This will tie in with the Audi central locking giving you full closure on a single blip.
    If you go CAT1 approved it will also reduce your insurance. The Audi system is cr@p so spending more time & money getting it to work remotely is godd money after bad.