Okay, lets start from day one.
I have an Audi a3 BKD engine 140 bhp. No modifications.
From as long as i can remember it has had a really lumpy idle, so i took it down to 3 different local garages that all came up with various annecdotes. After listening to them i ventured back home to play with the following, i changed the fuel filter, air filter took off the EGR valve and throttle body and cleaned them up so there are now free, cleaned out the inlet manifold.
After doing the above still no better, so i took it back to one of the locals and they poked around and said injector seals, the garage then changed the injector seals and still no better.
After they changed them and i paid £300 i called it quits it's only doing it at idle i'll live with it... a week later i notice a SERIOUS lack of power no boost at all.
I have taken it to a localmechanic who had a little closer look and saw the timing is out.... adjusted the timing to its's correct postion and like magic it idles perfectly..
He has also changed the injector seals again because the garage i took it to before put my injectors in wrong...
Now that just leaves the loss of power. He has hooked it up to VAGCOM alongside a BKD golf and they read the exact same readings, he swapped over boost sensors, the MAF egr and throttle body but none made any difference to my car, in comparison on the road the golf just took off while my Audi feels flat... It's not in limp mode and there are no fault codes.
Please if anyone could shed any light on what i haven't tried yet, i would be very grateful.