Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Question 2005 5dr A3 2.0TDI 12v Socket and rear manual blinds

I'm looking to add a second 12v socket but I would like to place it where the ashtray is at the back of the center console so that my kids in the rear seat can plug their DVD player in. This would be located where, if I had them, the controls for rear heated seats would be located. I am a numpty solder but can do it, but have not idea what parts to order.

Also, I have rear manual blinds for the passengers. The hooks which the blinds attach to (That keep them up) have snapped. Would anyone know where I can get these from?

Any help with either problems would be great.

Thanks
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene".

2. # ADS
    ADS

Midlands regional Moderator

Status
    Hooks: Try TPS or else its a dealer part I would think.

As for the 12V, you only really need a Cig socket (from most car parts suppliers), a small holesaw (approx 22mm dia) and some suitably rated wire. then just take a feed from the factory fit socket at the front of the dash.

Hope this helps
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Rconn. The running a spur from the fuse box is beyond me. I thought it may have been possible to solder to the existing socket. With regards to the blinds. There are two plastic hooks that hold the blinds up. These aren't available seperately and so the entire assembly is required which is about £50.
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene".

Midlands regional Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDSTEEL View Post
    The running a spur from the fuse box is beyond me. I thought it may have been possible to solder to the existing socket.
    Yep, can do that. So long as your not going to run a 500w inverter from it...
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!