Help needed - resetting Service on Dashboard..

sun3y

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope I've put this in the right section, I do apologize if it's wrong.. :unsure:

I need to know or if someone know's how to reset my serivce on the dashboard? I've got a Audi a4 1.9 tdi sport -02 plate. I have tried to do it myself on the dashboard, although it does reset back to zero. I can't seem to change it to 10 or 20,000 miles.

A few months back I got my mate to do a service on my car, as it was showing on my dash 150 miles and 70 days to go. Or something similar, i can't quite remember now.

He managed to do all the service/parts but when came to resetting it, he was not able to do so and he said there may be a fault on it?
I took it to someone else and he had the same issue when he had it connected to the fuse box.

I did ring up the dealers as a last resort but they said as I've already done the service they will not be able to do it? God knows why?
That was back in Janaury.

The weird thing is, when i started the car up the other day it came up showing Service in 8100 miles and 26 days.. Now i know that is impossible, I do drive a lot but even that is not do-able.

dashboard.jpg

So can anyone out there help?

Press both reset buttons on the clocks at the same time and start the car. It worked for me anyway!