How do I take off interior plastic panel tailgate /boot lid on A3

godlabs

Reaction score
Hi all, have the common problem of internal leak from wiper jets effecting boot switch - usual symptons, alarm going off, dash board flashing boot open, jets and wipers not working. Want to get in there and clean and dry out mechanism but how do I take off the internal plastic trim - poped a few clips off but cant get into the others. Please help

Last edited:
Hi, these are really tight and a pain in the **** but the best way to do it is to stick your fingers in the vents up towards the screen then give a quick hard pull downwards, make sure you've got the couple of screws out if they apply on your model and it should pop off, at least enough to get your arm in and get the rest of the clips off. If its not the model with the vents you need to start at one corner with a long flat screwdriver getting as close to the clips as you can then twist the screwdriver as if revving a bike and the clips should pop, don't be scared to give it some grief. Just busy fixing my A4 of the same problem !!!!

Thank you Scotty, there was one more clip at the back that I had to stretch and get to. Finally it came off. Managed to replace boot switch and rear wiper motor, everything working now. Not looking forward to putting the trim back on now - any tips?