A4 (B5) 1.8T - Blue smoke/oil burn

we had one of these in 2 weeks ago only a b6 for the same thing. we changed the turbo and that fixed it but it could be a whole number of things mate ie rings, valve stem oil seals and other stuff best get it looked at..

i disconnected the boost pipe off the bottom off the turbo and a lot of oil run out then i took the pipe that comes from the airbox to the turbo off and it was the same thing. you will get a drop of oil when you take the boost pipe off but this was a lot. i took the exhaust of the back of the turbo and it was soaked with oil and thats where the smoke was coming from cause the oil was being burnt in the exhaust. like i say mate it could be a few things..

Alright, prob best get it checked out as I'm new to turbo engines (been a mk2 golf man up to now) and don't really know my way around one tbh. Appreciate the advice fella, cheers

Turbo mate, get it replaced before it damages the cats on the car and you'll run in much more expenses ! If it was a diesel you would damage the engine as they run on oil- hence oil burners !

Turbo mate, get it replaced before it damages the cats on the car and you'll run in much more expenses ! If it was a diesel you would damage the engine as they run on oil- hence oil burners !

Starting to wonder if it is. Other symptoms I have are a lumpy idle, and car very hesitant to crawl in 1st gear (ie parking), goes a bit juddery unless you get the revs over 1500. *sigh* Cars eh? Who'd have one...