Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

A4 (B5) 1.8T - Blue smoke/oil burn

Noticed the car using oil and getting smokey from the rear, obviously concerned.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Am I right in thinking could be piston seals or turbo?

/sprint_48 / Audi b5 A4 1.8T //// // //
    Badly Parked Dubs

2. # ADS
    ADS

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    we had one of these in 2 weeks ago only a b6 for the same thing. we changed the turbo and that fixed it but it could be a whole number of things mate ie rings, valve stem oil seals and other stuff best get it looked at..
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

Neutral

Status
    Bit of a novice mechanic tbh mate, do I check the boost pipes to diagnose the turbo being at fault?
    If it is a head problem, is it an expensive fix?

Badly Parked Dubs

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    i disconnected the boost pipe off the bottom off the turbo and a lot of oil run out then i took the pipe that comes from the airbox to the turbo off and it was the same thing. you will get a drop of oil when you take the boost pipe off but this was a lot. i took the exhaust of the back of the turbo and it was soaked with oil and thats where the smoke was coming from cause the oil was being burnt in the exhaust. like i say mate it could be a few things..
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

Neutral

Status
    Alright, prob best get it checked out as I'm new to turbo engines (been a mk2 golf man up to now) and don't really know my way around one tbh. Appreciate the advice fella, cheers

Badly Parked Dubs

6th Gear

Status
    Turbo mate, get it replaced before it damages the cats on the car and you'll run in much more expenses ! If it was a diesel you would damage the engine as they run on oil- hence oil burners !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Turbo mate, get it replaced before it damages the cats on the car and you'll run in much more expenses ! If it was a diesel you would damage the engine as they run on oil- hence oil burners !
    Starting to wonder if it is. Other symptoms I have are a lumpy idle, and car very hesitant to crawl in 1st gear (ie parking), goes a bit juddery unless you get the revs over 1500. *sigh* Cars eh? Who'd have one...

Badly Parked Dubs