Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Status

Exclamation Please can AS members sign this

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petition...ain.html#fbbox

the background

A SOUTH African who moved his family to Stoke-on-Trent more than two years ago to look after his ill mother is being booted out of Britain.

Immigration officers have told Grant and Charlotte Rabe and their three children that they will be deported by the end of July.

Grant had arrived in Britain on a six-month visa in December 2007 and has spent 4,000 on legal fees to try to remain in the country.

The self-employed mechanic argues he should not be treated like an asylum seeker because he works and pays rent for a house.
    Click here for more

But the UK Border Agency (UKBA) says the family has no right to remain in Britain and should leave now.

Grant came to Britain after his mother, Leonie Gater, of Bucknall, suffered a stroke and was found to have a cyst on her brain.

Mrs Gater had arrived in Britain from South Africa in 1976 and later married a Potteries man before they divorced.

Grant, of Tunstall, said today: "We have been told we will be given 500 each to help us return to South Africa but I will have no home and no job and we will be on the streets.

"I do not want any benefits in Britain, I have paid the rent on my house by working all day as a mechanic.

"I have used all my savings to look after my mother and to try to stay in this country. It is very wrong that asylum seekers stay here and get money from the state. I have never asked for a penny and I would never ask for anything.

"I need to stay here and want to look after my mother. She needs help with basic things like getting to the shops."

The Rabes' children Etienne, aged 16, Nico aged 14, and five-year-old Johan are attending Brownhills Maths and Computing College, in Tunstall, and the town's Summerbank Primary School.

Etienne, who is taking his GCSEs, said: "I have made so many friends. If we can stay here, I would love to go to college."

Grant was brought up by his grandparents after his mother gave birth at 15 and he remained in South Africa until 2007.

Mrs Gater said: "I always stayed in touch with Grant and we would talk on the phone and send letters, but I could not afford to go back and see him.

"I made sure I always supported him financially as he was growing up. I could not work because of my illness and had my home repossessed as I couldn't keep up with the mortgage payments.

"Grant sold all his belongings to come here and help take care of me. I just want him to stay."

The Rabes' latest application to stay here was turned down in November.

UKBA regional director Gail Adams said: "Mr Rabe and his family were fully aware they only had a right to remain in the UK as visitors for six months, yet they have chosen to stay significantly longer.

"Mr Rabe's case has been fully assessed against immigration rules.

"When someone is found not to have a right to be in the UK, we expect them to leave voluntarily, and if they fail to do so, we will not hesitate to find ways of removing them."

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rookie

Status
    Done butty im number 161
    If you give a mouse a cookie......

He's gonna want a glass of milk....

vorsprung durch technik

S3 Drift King!

Status

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Status

Freelance Automotive Photography

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Done it 164
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

Derv Power

Status
    Done #165
    And has been sent around all my friends.
    Black LCR now gone

Blue A4 Avant in its place

wax on, wax off

Status
    done. #166

5th Gear

Status
    You are signer #171

Gievf Buckets

Status
    done, just like this country to throw out contributors and keep in lowlifes and moochers

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

5th Gear

Status
    By strict application of the rules he 'should' be deported.......... However, before they even think of tackling this guy, (who is obviously an easy target) I would prefer to see the rules 'strictly' applied to the 1Million plus bogus Asylum seekers, and various other 'dossers', lowlifes, and criminal dross from around the world..!
    In my personal opinion

S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

Status
    Done - 192! He 'should' be deported as someone said, but considering he's earning and paying tax, and not being kept by mine, he has my support. Now, how about a national petition to oust the bottom-feeders. Opps, no, that won't work as the majority are. As was my discussion with a friend the other evening, "The Scum Have Won - too late now."
    ~ The Maestro ~

• S3 MTM (Current)
    • A4 Avant S-Line 3.0L TDI
    • A4 Avant S-Line 2.0L TDI