S3 Owners

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Good morning all ,

I had a s3 a while back and went a got a audi a2 but thinking of getting a audi s3 again ....

how many of you guys have audi s3's and have new born kids ?

I don't have an S3 but I am pretty certain kids fit in ok.:yes:

Last edited:
Surely the only real issue would be a lack of a back door? Unless we're talking the new ones which can be 5 door also? I know it can be a pain throwing a car seat in and out of the back seat all the time. Other then that i'm sure they're fine.

Yes ,

Very true i had enough of the audi a2 its a good car on fuel but want the power back . :)

Another member here (Nilz) has not long ago had a new addition to the family and he drives an 8L S3 so might be worth PM'ing him. I drive the same but my son is nearly 8 so its never been an issue but i suppose if its new born and will be in the car seat getting it in the back could be a bit of a pain.
You could allways put it in the front seat and switch off the airbag, but that means shoving the missus in the back (would that be so bad lol).

HaHa ,

Yeah the missis can be shoved in the back stop her moaning tbh as long as i can pull the babyseat out etc its fine ,

Just need the s3 back lol

Yup ,

Love the cars i sold mine to get a run about now im bored of the a2 its too slow lol

8L S3 are we talking about? I had to pick my newborn in mine, and I have to say, access to the rear is terrible! If the little one can stand it wouldn't be a problem, but for newborn's, I wouldn't recommend an S3.

getting car seats in the rear is a tight fit, they go through the gap but only just and you rist scratching the seats, I have had my 1 year old son and 3 year old daughter in mine but its a pain in the ar$e and wouldn`t want to be taking seats in and out all the time. If the seats are just staying in then it ok

8L S3 is not ideal for kids, but it's manageable. It is a problem of getting the baby-seat past the front passenger seat, because the leathers do not allow you to move that seat forward much. My 4-month old daughter seems to be OK with me stuffing the seat, with her in it, into the car. Lack of isofix points is a major issue, so you have to think about getting a b-seat with a base.

I have a lowered S3 with 18" wheels, which is not the best combination for comfort, but she still loves it.

The biggest problem for me is remembering to stay off the fast pedal when she is in the car.

I am giving into the missus complaining and getting a 4-door golf soon as a second car, as it is getting a little silly when you have to deal with tight car parks.

ok dude i have an 8 month old little boy called Noah, had the s3 since he was born.. easy option is to get a base for your car seat and have it belted in then you only need to drop the seat onto the top of it. No messing with the seat belt.. clunk.. click.. green light on.. simples, to be far most of the time he's up front riding shotgun with pappa while mum takes up the rear in the cheap seats...

Not to be confused with mum taking it up the rear in the cheap seats..lol:sex: