I'm annoyed!

any further progress on this?

Nope, not really. The workers(read lazy *** builders) have gone AWOL, this is the third week in a row where they have not shown up. I'm not too sure what to do now, I've tried calling them, but mobile phone is switched off and landline just rings and rings...

There's also a roly offy(don't know the correct term for it) giant skip thing outside their shop which I've been told is illegal! But not one shop keeper seems interested to get it removed around here.

Shop front currently looks like this.

01072010291.jpg

01072010293.jpg

The shop where this huge skip is in front of was originally an off licence, and it had concrete bollards outside naturally, but the stupid builders cut them off to get this thing on it.

01072010296.jpg

01072010297.jpg

Will probably be in contact with the H&S dept. of the local Council soon, it really is an eyesaw and hazzard.

Further update on this saga, and so it continues....

Yes, the stupid builders next door are still at it, why is it taking so long, I don't have any idea!?

But on arrival to work today, I just spotted this!

02102010349.jpg

02102010350.jpg

02102010351.jpg

Now the wall belongs to my neighbour, and I presume that's build right upto the bordering line between our land, so this plastic pipe thing is on my side of the border, am I in my rights to smash it up without giving notice to the stupid builders, upto the wall of course?

Don't really want to go with the suing route, but I'm tempted to just to **** them off!

Just had a second thought on this, it's obviously a drain pipe of some sort, would it be against the law to flip this pipe upside down on my side of the border and extending it upwards by 2 metres, so the water doesn't land on the ground. :eyebrows:

I'd of at the very least murdered your neighbours and done one by now....

firstly whats going to be coming out that pipe? i mean whats it connected to?
secondly where is it going to discharge to? is that your private path or a public path.....either way they will be braking the law, you cant just drain water or whatever into another person private land, and its against the law to discharge water etc onto a public pavement......especially when its comes winter with it freezing

also i notice its piped to flow down the slope, whats at the bottom of the slope? they cant pipe out water if its going head towards you building....

i think it time you bought the council in or sought some legal advice.....they just taking the ****

firstly whats going to be coming out that pipe? i mean whats it connected to?
secondly where is it going to discharge to? is that your private path or a public path.....either way they will be braking the law, you cant just drain water or whatever into another person private land, and its against the law to discharge water etc onto a public pavement......especially when its comes winter with it freezing

also i notice its piped to flow down the slope, whats at the bottom of the slope? they cant pipe out water if its going head towards you building....

i think it time you bought the council in or sought some legal advice.....they just taking the ****

In all honesty, I don't know the answer 100%, but I'm guessing it's a feed coming from their drain pipe, as when I spoke to the main guy, he was telling me he had contacted the council about making use of the drain on my side, and you can see where the cover to the access to the drains is in the pic, obviously their efforts of talking the council has failed! And yes, it feeds to a slop heading towards my building.

Now if you look at the pic below, the pipe comes out the wall just off the picture at the bottom left.
04062010269.jpg

Mate, just extend it all the way into one of their open windows!!!!

Well, despite all the rain we had today, nothing much comes out of it, so maybe's it's an overflow of some sort? Or it's not connected up yet!

lol so builders said he was going to use the drain on your side ??? lol so why has he fitted on the down side of the slope ??? unless water runs up hill where you live lol

theres no way the council would have given them permission to either put that pipe through or discharge into the drain which it cant as it on the wrong side the slope and the cover is sealed not open type lol.

also is that man hole cover for rain water or foul? as if thats an over flow from the toliet regardless if the water is clean its classed as foul (as always risk it could become contaminated) and cant be put into drain for rainwater

as i said id ring the council palnning and kick off they will soon send someone round

lol but id put a blanking plug in the end see how long it takes to back fill then you know what its for lol

Last edited:
lol so builders said he was going to use the drain on your side ??? lol so why has he fitted on the down side of the slope ??? unless water runs up hill where you live lol

theres no way the council would have given them permission to either put that pipe through or discharge into the drain which it cant as it on the wrong side the slope and the cover is sealed not open type lol.

also is that man hole cover for rain water or foul? as if thats an over flow from the toliet regardless if the water is clean its classed as foul (as always risk it could become contaminated) and cant be put into drain for rainwater

as i said id ring the council palnning and kick off they will soon send someone round

lol but id put a blanking plug in the end see how long it takes to back fill then you know what its for lol

I've been told it's a 'storm drain' by some STW engineers in the past.

Time to do some research with the council on this then, kinda sick of it after so long, can't believe how calm I've been about it to be fair.

Push some poo up the pipe and wait for it to be washed out onto your property.

Then call the Enviromental Health Department :yes:

Well, I've just spoken to the tennant who live in the flat above said said property, and they told me they had gutted most of the building inside and stretched it back, so I think the pipe is the overflow pipe for a combi boiler of some sort just installed, which would make sense.

I've also spoke to the council about it, and they reckon it's a civil matter, so I need to speak to a Solicitor or contact Citizens Advice Bureau as the next step.

I dunno jojo, you don't half have more than your fair share of problems ehh...!!

As a serious suggestion....
I would suggest you leave a note for the builders asking if they could pop round and explain to you why the pipe is there, and what it is for.... And that in the absence of any explanation, or an unsatisfactory one,, you will remove the pipe from your property...

Alternatively....
explain to the builders that your mad uncle, and his triad mates are coming for thier annual nosh up next week, and they better have your place looking mint before then.....

Jo, i'd go with the second option as above....

CAB are just in town mate, so might be worth a visit and if you need a good Solicitor, my bro is in the same building as them.