Euro exchange rate

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going to spain for two weeks on sunday and want to change up some euros tomorrow, where will i get the best the rate? Used m+s in the past but i've heard there not the best anymore??

Thanks

I always find the little bureau de change shops to be the best.
Not sure what m&s, the post office, etc are offering at the moment but I got 1.15 euros to the pound last week in a small exchange shop in London.

Just checked and m&s are offering 1.11 euros to the £.

The current forex is about 1.16euros to the pound so the best you'll probably find is the 1.15 that I got.

So for every £100 you change you'll get an extra 4euros max over what you'd get at m&s.
Probably not worth breaking your neck to find cheaper if you're only changing up a few hundred. So I guess it depends how much you are exchanging as to whether it's worth shopping around.

But there are your benchmarks anyway.

Sometimes it works out better to exchange your money in the country your going to, saves them buying Pounds from a money wholesaler in whichever country your visiting, I was visiting Canada a couple of years ago and the exchange rate in this country was pretty awful so I gambled and changed the money when I arrived in Montreal at some small money shop, worked out about £120 better off...

If your lazy and bank with LloydsTSB you can order it over the net and pick it up from your local branch the next day, theres probably other banks that do this as well.

1st, don't change Euros in SPain, they hate the Brits and their exchange rate will show it. Thomson are good, especially if you get one of those travel-money cards. Really cool idea. you get a card, top it up, it's linked with Master Card, so works abroad like a credit card but you're spending money you put on it. We drove to Budapest a couple of weeks ago and had 70 transactions across 2000 miles - the money-cards keeps that sort of stuff away from your bank account. Anyway, Thomson, last week they were doing 1.15 to the £ when the parallel exchange was 1.17.

I always use my nationwide card as its free to get money from cash machines and the rate always seems better than other places ive used

As time wasn't on my side i went to tesco. Got a rate of 1.127, not bad. Was only changing up £400 anyways. Done a bit of research last night and there's a few places in london that are doing 1.16! I know where i'll be going next time

Thanks for your help everyone

Where can you get that rate in town mate? I fly out this wed, and want to exchange around 4-5 hundred quid, i work in london, so will be class if I can pick up whilst on lunch Monday..