Gordon Brown resigns!

Yes, good riddance !!!!!!

Sorry, but after GB stitched up self employed sub contractors with IR35 as another tax raising wheeze I absolutely cannot stand the bloke.. completely shafted anyone who wanted to work hard, take a bit of a risk, and reap some decent rewards !
..shame he won't have to queue up at the local job centre eh ! I cannot think anyone in their right minds would employ him !
Dignified speech....? You think he wrote it ?

.....and lastly he obviously thinks anyone with an opinion is a bigot !

Last edited:
See ya G Don't let the door hit you on the *** on the way OUT!!

very dignified end,
hope we can see our way out of this deficit and hope people start to prosper..... (wont hold my breath with the con/lib coalition) we will see what people are saying in 4 years time.......

I think Gordon Brown was quite a decent bloke that got lucky and wasnt really up to the task in hand, glad he's gone but I wish him well...

And unless Cameron shits gold bars, I think the next couple of years will be very bumpy economy and job wise!

He has suffered the mess he and Tony started together just the smiley git quit before his house of cards fell all around him and let his mate take the wrap.

He has suffered the mess he and Tony started together just the smiley git quit before his house of cards fell all around him and let his mate take the wrap.
I think that's a pretty fair summary of the bulk of what went on. Yes as chancellor Mr Brown didn't please everyone, but I reckon overall he did a fairly good job in that post. I'm fairly confident his premiership would've been better received if Mr Blair didn't hand down such a mess; but crucially if Mr Brown had carisma and smiles to match those of Mr Cameron. The media love a nice smile, and unfortunately Mr Brown was more at home with a statute book than a photo album. I'm also pretty sure that despite the bills we're going to have to pay now, in a few years time the history books will tell a favourable story of Mr Brown's handling of the global economic situation - he did play a central role in the whole developed world's plan to stop a downturn becoming a spiral.

I've never really been a Tory supporter, but I'm interested to see how this alliance performs, and I wouldn't like to put money either way on it at the moment. I think one of the biggest concerns will be Vince Cable's positioning in the treasury. If he's close enough to that little runt Osbourne, we might be alright; but if they've put his office out of 'kicking range', I dare say everyman is pretty much stuffed and basted.

We'll see...

//R

article-1090018-029AEC24000005DC-705_468x418.jpg

*shudders*

Dignified exit-speech my ****. Failed to apologise for a catalogue of travesties, oversights and a general disposition of arrogance. Remember the 'bigoted' woman on his campaign tour? That is whom he is/was. Good riddance and I kinda like this power-sharing thing: they've put themselves on such a high pedestal that failing to live up to it will have far wider consequences than if they were a single-party government.

if they carry on trying to claw the 6 billion this year, they are going to fall faster than 2 public school boys in soapy showers :Flush: bringing the UK back into recession

if they carry on trying to claw the 6 billion this year, they are going to fall faster than 2 public school boys in soapy showers :Flush: bringing the UK back into recession

I see GB did a good job of convincing people that putting us into debt was better than making cuts where possible.

Dignified exit-speech my ****. Failed to apologise for a catalogue of travesties, oversights and a general disposition of arrogance. Remember the 'bigoted' woman on his campaign tour? That is whom he is/was. Good riddance and I kinda like this power-sharing thing: they've put themselves on such a high pedestal that failing to live up to it will have far wider consequences than if they were a single-party government.

I thought it was, I guess your **** thought otherwise........

Whether he made made a bolllocks of things is another thing.........

cheers
Paul

Last edited: