Entry to the USA with a UK police caution??

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
I know the US can be kind of funny with entry into the country.... so basically, am I allowed in with a caution??

Anybody tried it??

what sort of caution, I been cautioned for a brake light out before!!

sure even the yanks will let that pass!

what sort of caution, I been cautioned for a brake light out before!!

sure even the yanks will let that pass!

I can't even remember the title of the caution but I got it because my girlfriend's ex-neighbour from the flat above was always making noise throughout the night, and one night I went up there to ask him to keep it down. He decided it was acceptable to tell me to f*** off and shove me off of the stairs leading up to his door.
I had no choice other than to show him that that wasn't at all acceptable to me.
So nothing major, just a bit of a slap.

What does that get recorded as.... common assault or something I think.

unless you was convicted/charged i dont think it makes any difference mate. I been nicked loads of times but only convicted for a handfull of stuff. its the hand full that counts. I think.

i aint no copper tho, so im sure someone will put me right.

if your only going on a holiday, just tell say no on the form. i've been over a few times and had no problems. the form's a bit of a joke, they even ask you if you're a Nazi war criminal and been on the run for the last 60 years

if your applying for a permanent visa or green card though, i think they do background checks, so you're probably better off telling the truth. Not 100% sure but you should be ok with just a caution

Hey, what's the worst that could happen? Orange jumpsuit? Leg irons? Rubber gloves.....

Don't worry about it.

Just make sure you have a return flight and the address of where you're staying. They will look for these and answer no to all the crime related questions and you'll be fine

I have two convictions, nothing serious just a few fines for stupid **** when I was younger and been to the states 4 times since with no problems

I know the US can be kind of funny with entry into the country.... so basically, am I allowed in with a caution??

Anybody tried it??

You can PM me if you wish for the science of it. But you're worrying about nothing. Unless you've received a Criminal court judgement for an actual police charge then nothing will show on the databases shared between the USA and UK.

When was this caution anyway? Depending on how long ago it was it may well only still exist as a paper record, or DAT tape in Middlesex.

Chill - no anal searches for you ... aside your subtext's joyful anticipation of one :busted_cop:

You can PM me if you wish for the science of it. But you're worrying about nothing. Unless you've received a Criminal court judgement for an actual police charge then nothing will show on the databases shared between the USA and UK.

When was this caution anyway? Depending on how long ago it was it may well only still exist as a paper record, or DAT tape in Middlesex.

Chill - no anal searches for you ... aside your subtext's joyful anticipation of one :busted_cop:

Was just a bit concerned, didn't want anything silly happening because something wasn't declared etc.

The caution was about 6-7 years ago.

United States, here I come! :ninja:

It's not a conviction though - Just a record of a warning. If it meant a criminal conviction, you'd have to have been to court etc.

I know that, but if they show up on PNC then I was curious if they would show up on any other 'systems' etc.

But as said its not a criminal conviction, just a slap on the wrists which met the criteria for. Plus common assault (Sec 39) is the lowest level of assault so only very minor on the grand scale of things.

mate you'll be fine as a caution doesnt really count for much unless you keep on getting done for that offence.