Ebay Scammer.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Looks like I've been scammed by an ebayer. I have to admit, it was maybe a bit naive of me to be so trusting to other ebayers, as I've never had problems in the past, but despite all the warnings in the rant and raves sections and a few fellow members, maybe I should have been a bit more cautious.

Anyways, calling a chap up for an S3 part from a car he was suppose to be breaking, we agreed a price, and I sent him payment to a paypal account. The account has no bearing to the guys name, but I paid it anyways, as he has decent feedback, and I've done it before multiple of times with no problems at all in the past. Item has not arrived at my doorstep, and it's been well over a week, despite him agreeing to send it off the next day. I haven't been able to get hold of him, as his phone is constantly switched off!, no suprises there huh?

So my question is, is there anyways to retrieve this monies, as it was sent by paypal? There was no ebay transaction, and the payment was taken off my card through paypal.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but hey, you got to give it a try. :keule:

Any helps or tips is appreciated.

jojo, i think if you log into paypal via there website theres a disputes option in there. :icon_thumright:

try contact the bay via the contact us tab top right of their homepage, opening a dispute solves **** all as i have found out in the past, also contact paypal to see if you can roll back the payment,
thieves = kill em all :aggressive:

JoJo, as long as you have not sent the money as a gift (you pay the fees) you have buyers protection upto around £500. Simply open up a dispute, this will put a hold on their paypal account/balance and will force them to either act, or after 28 days Paypal will review the case and claim the money back. This puts them into negative balance and again freezes their Paypal account until it's cleared.

I've had to do this twice. Once after eBay. Once after a member of another forum made false promises. Both times, the money was returned.

It really is a waiting game.

@1Wheel, it was a debit card mate.

OK, sounds like I may be covered, I will try and call him again tomorrow sometime, as I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, hence no naming and shaming yet.

Cheers guys.

You can contact eBay for their contact details if you have logged an issue with the transaction.

But if you think he is a scammer, this won't help. I had this info come back as "1 Lemon Street, Charliesville" I kid you not.

On the ebay item that you bought, there should be a 'report item' on the page. Click that and follow the instructions. It may well take you through to paypal but worth trying it this way to.
But as the guys above have sid, one you open a paypal dispute, they will look into it and freeze his account. You will get your money back, yo uhave dont nothing wrong. It may take 2 - 3 weeks though.
Good luck

Scum bags! These people are such fooking crooks!! Hope you get your monies back!

I dont think it matter if it was through ebay or not, thats the idea of Paypal... give your a bit of security... else you would just send a cheque lol.

Fired the Dispute thing on Paypal pretty much soon after I started the thread, no response on Paypal, but he just text me to apologies for the delay, he has 'problems at work' apparently. Will be sent tomorrow... we shall see...

Fired the Dispute thing on Paypal pretty much soon after I started the thread, no response on Paypal, but he just text me to apologies for the delay, he has 'problems at work' apparently. Will be sent tomorrow... we shall see...

Fingers crossed for you then!

Dont Worry,

Paypal has you insured so open a dispute. Got done once like this but paypal sorted it.

Careful you tread in all the ******** JoJo.

Sorry to hear this Jo.

No need to be sorry, you live and earn... I'm not even that pee'd off about it if I'm being honest, there's more important things in life.

Careful you tread in all the ******** JoJo.

Yes, I kinda sensed the BS in the text, but if the item arrives on Monday as he stated in the text, then I will withdraw the dispute on Paypal, though I did state, I'd prefer a full refund instead.

We shall see anyways, I will keep you guys updated.

well i am totally disagree with you Ebay is the biggest post of shopping well i earn from the eBay which is really good.

Looks like I've been scammed by an ebayer. I have to admit, it was maybe a bit naive of me to be so trusting to other ebayers, as I've never had problems in the past, but despite all the warnings in the rant and raves sections and a few fellow members, maybe I should have been a bit more cautious.

Anyways, calling a chap up for an S3 part from a car he was suppose to be breaking, we agreed a price, and I sent him payment to a paypal account. The account has no bearing to the guys name, but I paid it anyways, as he has decent feedback, and I've done it before multiple of times with no problems at all in the past. Item has not arrived at my doorstep, and it's been well over a week, despite him agreeing to send it off the next day. I haven't been able to get hold of him, as his phone is constantly switched off!, no suprises there huh?

So my question is, is there anyways to retrieve this monies, as it was sent by paypal? There was no ebay transaction, and the payment was taken off my card through paypal.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but hey, you got to give it a try. :keule:

Any helps or tips is appreciated.

jojo do you know the name of this guy? i bought parts yesturday withan ebayer but didnt do it threw ebay and ever since i paid the monies he hasnt been answering my calls.

i hope its not the same guy thatim dealing with!

good luck and hope you sort it out!!

jojo do you know the name of this guy? i bought parts yesturday withan ebayer but didnt do it threw ebay and ever since i paid the monies he hasnt been answering my calls.

i hope its not the same guy thatim dealing with!

good luck and hope you sort it out!!

PM on it's way mate.

Well, looks like the chap kept to his word and sent the item out, I received just a moment ago, guess I can withdraw the Paypal dispute thing thing. It took him 2 weeks to send it, but it's here at least!

Thanks for all your support and tips guys, I have no doubt the Paypal dispute thing kicked him into gear, so all is good.

Case Closed. :icon_thumright:

For future reference, if you buy stuff out of ebay but using paypal, ebay wont do squat, so dont bother asking them to get involved, unless it was bought through ebay its not anything to do with them & they wont take any responsibility, also paypal have a very limited scope with direct payments outside of ebay, they're very good at walking round every single fecking responsibility they have towards you as the payment system you used, they're a class act (of w4nkers) that if it wasnt for the damn convenience of the system I'd feck them of yesterday.