2.04 meter bicycle land with a 1.4 meter car lane at the side!!!

A3 XME

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new Bi(Thickle) lane in dorset??

The council here must employ the most uneducated of people!

They have built a bicycle lane which is 2.04 meter wide and gives only 1.4 meters of room for a standard car. They say that this is to make drivers aware they should be giving cyclists enough room lmfao.

checkit out http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/170463/Bike-lane-wider-than-the-road-

That is a bit extreme but i bet it gives the cyclists more confidence on the road without having to turn them into a pavement warrior. I cycle a 6 mile round trip to work every day with no cycle lanes at all and ride past the entrance slip roads to the A38, it can sometimes get very hair raising when lorries etc are passing me, sometimes you have no choice but to mount the pavement for your own safety, wrong but better than being squashed by some foriegn lorry driver.

I drive up the lane in question many times a day, and it's ****** dangerous for cars and cyclists! A car literally won't fit in the 'car lane' so you have no choice but to cut in the cycle lane or you would be over the white line. People coming down the hill cut the bend too so you've got to have your wits about you. It beggars belief, I can't see it lasting long......

thats gonna kill people. End of. snotty noses cyclists, "its my lane i will use all it" i have as much rights as u etc etc... Infact no you dont... you dont pay road tax and massive amounts of fuel duty.... fk off and get in ya little lane, your lucky you got that!!

its gonna kill someone. Stupid idea!

There are rules and guidelines for lane widths, those measurement arnt them! They will get altered! Far too dangerous for both users!!! Crazy!