Orange phone bill causing me serious stress and worry.

Dazmo

Reaction score
Received my orange mobile monthly phone bill today....£686.00:crying::faint:

This is not the cost of my usage but an error on oranges part, my contract should be £35 per month and i took the contract out 2 months ago in febuary.

Last month i transfered my number to this new contract and while transfering the guy at orange accidentally cancelled the wrong contract (he cancelled my new contract) instead of cancelling the old one, i then spent 2 weeks getting my account back online and many emails and phone calls later thought it was sorted. Bearing in mind im only 2 months into a new 18 month contract.

Then this month im being charged a termination fee(equates to 18 months line rental) for terminating my contract early, eventhough orange did this by accident and eventhough the account is now active again.

They were supposed to ring me this afternoon but to no avail, the guy on the phone at orange advised me to cancel the direct debit, but unless i can get this sorted before the bill date i may be charged for a bouncing direct debit payment.

Orange are f*****g useless c***s, this will take me weeks to sort out now and ill be lucky if i get it sorted at all.

I am also worried about the impact on my immaculate credit history.

Last edited:
this is what will go on in reff to the bill,

you will get a bill
you wont pay it,
you will get a letter from a debt collection agency acting on behalf of Hutchinson Telecom Ltd

Then you can copy and past the following and be released from all debts and worry s of your credit file ever being hit by them,

Basement Flat
25 up the Hill
Northampton
NN2 6ER
CL FINANCE LTD
PO BOX 166
WEST YORKSHIRE
BD19 4WN

16TH December 2009

Re: Client Reference Number: 7050/410974-AM

Dear CL FINANCE LTD

Thank you for your recent letter dated 30TH September 2009

I feel this matter is serious and wish to deal with it in writing. I do not give you permission to contact me by telephone. I will be logging the dates and times of your calls and messages and should they continue, I must warn you that they will now constitute ‘harassment’ and I may take action under Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. I may also take further action under the Administration of Justice Act 1970 S.40, which makes it a Criminal Offence for a creditor or a creditor's agent to make demands (for money), which are aimed at causing ‘alarm, distress or humiliation’, because of their frequency or manner.

Please provide verification of your claim, including a lawful contract; a hand signed invoice in accordance with The Bills of Exchange Act 1882 and proof of agency within ten (10) days from the above date so that I may settle any financial obligation I might lawfully owe. Your said failure to provide verification of your claim constitutes your agreement to the following terms: that you are a third party interloper; you have no legal standing; no first-hand knowledge of this matter; your claim is fraudulent; any damages I suffer; you will be held culpable; that any negative remarks made to a credit reference agency will be removed and that you will no longer pursue this matter any further.

Should you provide sufficient evidence that I owe your organisation or your client any outstanding amount and that you can provide proof that they have assigned you agency, I should be happy to pay any verified claim in full.

Yours sincerely[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

By: John : Smith

Authorised Representative All Rights Reserved.

After 10 days you send this

Basement Flat
5 up the Hill
Northampton
NN2 6ER

CL FINANCE LTD
PO BOX 166
WEST YORKSHIRE
BD19 4WN

28th December 2009

Dear CL FINANCE LTD

I wrote to you on 16TH December 2009 requesting verification of your claim including a lawful contract; a signed invoice and proof of agency to validate your claim, so that I may settle any financial obligation I might lawfully owe. Your said failure to provide the requested documentation within ten (10) days from the above date will constitute your agreement to the following terms:

1. That you are a third party interloper;
2. That you have no legal standing;
3. That you have no first-hand knowledge of this matter;
4. That your claim is fraudulent;
5. That any damages I suffer, you will be held culpable;
6. That any negative remarks made to a credit reference agency will be removed;
7. You will no longer pursue this matter any further.

Should you provide sufficient evidence that I owe your organisation or your client any outstanding amount and that you can provide proof that they have assigned you agency, I should be happy to pay any verified claim in full.

Yours sincerely

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Then on the 20th day you send this,

Basement Flat
5 up the Hill
Northampton
NN2 6ER

CL FINANCE LTD
PO BOX 166
WEST YORKSHIRE
BD19 4WN

11TH January 2010

Dear CL FINANCE LTD

I wrote to you on 28TH December 2009 requesting verification of your claim including a lawful contract; a signed invoice and proof of agency, to validate the debt, within ten (10) days. As you have failed to provide the documentation within the ten (10) days requested in my last correspondence, we are now in agreement to; and have a lawfully binding tacit contract comprising, the following terms:

1. That you are a third party interloper;
2. That you have no legal standing;
3. That you have no first-hand knowledge of this matter;
4. That your claim is fraudulent;
5. That any damages I suffer, you will be held culpable;
6. That any negative remarks made to a credit reference agency will be removed;
7. You will no longer pursue this matter any further.

Yours sincerely
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

And somewhere before you send that last letter the debt collection agency will write saying that have asked ORANGE for what you asked for and your account will be placed on hold for ever,

It is placed on hold for ever because the bit of paper you signed will have been destroyed long before you 1st bill was even printed,

how do i know all this? I was a big manager for a mobile phone network who got to see how things was run from the head office and there legal deportments. Also where would all the signed bits of paper be stored and at what and whos costs? Even if they did store them, Who in there right mind would go looking for yours?

Sleep well mate. you have just learnt how to play the system legally and can now use that template for credit/store cars and anything that you applied for on-line!

I've been with orange since the inception tbh, but the change recently from 12 months to minimum 18 month contracts has seriously ****** me off, I dont want 18 month contract as I like to weigh up my choices in the 12 months for different packages, certainly looks like orange are going the wrong way now with the join up with Tmobile.

me and the missis got fked by orange about 7 years ago... simalar kind of senario. We have both been on 02 since and if they stay how they are, we will stay with em.

different packages suit different people after all.

hope you get it sorted. :)